Search

Bangkok Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bangkok Hotels

Hello (again - sorry)

I think this will be my last question before we head off...

We have three nights in BKK at the end of our trip and we have not booked our hotel yet, as we thought we would see how far our pennies got us first

Can anyone reccommend a hotel in BKK with great views? One for around $100 and one for around $70?

I can find some good deal for nice hotels but they seem to stipulate that its only the super delux rooms which will be on the higher floors, which usually take them out of our price range. I would rather stay in a less nice hotel and get a better view. Though of course if I can get both...
Old Aug 24th, 2006, 02:09 PM

We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment at the Centre Point Silom in Feb and we had one of the upper floors with a great view of Bangkok! The apartment was very large and quite nice. We paid $80 per night.

This place is right near the sky train and also the river taxi so it is very easy to get around. There is also a department store and grocery store along with several places to eat on the lower floors of the CPS.

You can see photos of the view and the apartment at my photo album site at www.windjammer.smugmug.com. Just go to the Thailand and Cambodia Accomodations album.
Old Aug 24th, 2006, 03:03 PM

Tamara, that's the only place in that price range I could think of with a real view. But I believe they are closing for remodeling. I'm not sure when they are scheduled to reopen.
Old Aug 24th, 2006, 06:38 PM

Yeah, Kathie, that is what I have been reading on this forum. Mayube the closure will take as long as the opening of the new airport? ;-)

I suggest contacting them to find out. It really is a fabulous place to stay!
Old Aug 24th, 2006, 06:45 PM

views are not all that fabulous in bkk except along the river in the very expensive hotels...

try this website for hotels:

www.huahin.20m.com

for just over $100 thru the end of oct you can have the marriott resort and spa...

for about $75 you can have majestic grande, with decent views...

davis hotel is another but not views...

ther former meritas suites in the state building---hotel now has a new name is between $75-100 i think and it has views...

centre point silom is a good choice as are the other centre points...

marriott mayfair is just over $100 i believe, also a serviced apartment...

rembrandt hotel is also in your pricerange and has fabulous restaurants as well and also views of the city....
Old Aug 24th, 2006, 07:22 PM

You could try the Baiyoke Sky Hotel which is the tallest hotel in Bangkok. A deluxe room on floors 54-68 are around 3200 baht ($84) and on floors 71-74 4200 baht ($110). Location is in the Pratunam area, good for shopping but not close to the skytrain (20 minute walk to nearest station). There have been mixed comments about the hotel. Even if you do not stay here visit the bar on the 83rd floor or the observation deck on the 77th for great views
Old Aug 24th, 2006, 07:29 PM

scooters....my wife mention bay...yesterday....which should we go to for just the view?? which floor and is it worth it if we are nearby at the market?? thanks...
Old Aug 24th, 2006, 07:52 PM

I would not go for a meal, not that they are terribly bad, but just not that inspiring. It is well worth your while to either have a drink on the 83rd floor (open from 2pm) or go to the observation deck on the 77th. The views are great especially at night. If I remember correctly there is a charge (120 ? baht) to go to the deck if you do not have a meal. When taking a evelator just watch what floor it goes to as some only go to certain floors. You will find the lobby unatractive.
Old Aug 24th, 2006, 08:27 PM

A room with a view, Please..

U might try the Somerset Suan View, a AScott Property@. Located very close to Central Chitlom.

These are resonably priced serviced apartments, cenrally located and many of the rooms have lovely city views.At the same time, many apts also look over a garden backdrop///the lush greens of the American Embassy.. I quite like this place and have stayed many a times..Plus good pool, spa and healtclub..

I have also stayed many a times at Centre point silom, river view, which i also Love. But as the story goes...
Old Aug 25th, 2006, 01:24 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the recommendations.

Have now decided its going to be either

The Puthumwan Princess
The Majestic Grande
Centre Point Silom
Old Aug 25th, 2006, 01:45 AM
Original Poster

One more thing...

When they say a late check out will be charged at half the dailey rate, do they mean the dailey rate you have just paid or the published daile rate?
Old Aug 26th, 2006, 07:04 PM

i think to be sure you need to send them an e mail and ask....it may be a prescribed rate and probably not your discounted rate...
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 11:40 PM

The Majestic Grande is a very nice hotel and in an excellent location 150 meters down Suk Soi 2 between Nana Skytrain and Ploenchit Skytrain stations. The Grande Deluxe is a good room with separate shower and bath. The two lower class rooms below this have shower/bath combo.

www.majesticgrande.com
Old Aug 30th, 2006, 05:49 PM

I recently returned from BKK. Stayed at the Menam Riverside. Booked online . $47 a night for a double with river view (12th floor)I expected the worst but it's a great place with a lovely landscaped pool and outdoor/indoor restaurants.The website said that the pool was being renovated but the renovation was completed early. Free shuttle boat to Skytrain and Riverside Mall. The staff was helpful I will stay there again.