Bangkok hotel-help

Search

Bangkok hotel-help

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bangkok hotel-help

We will be staying in Bangkok for 4 nights and are looking for a 4 or 5 star hotel in the midst of shopping, restaurants etc. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 07:33 AM

I always stay along the river, for me it makes it Bangkok. There are a number of nice hotels on the river - The Pen, The Oriental, Shangri-La, Royal Orchid Sheraton, Hilton Millenium, and farther away, Bob's favorite, the Marriott Resort and Spa.

In the Sukhumvit area, the Four Seasons, the Hyatt and the Sheraton Grande all get good reviews.
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 08:25 AM

budget might be a consideration for you...what would you expect to pay and what month will you go...

a good site to look at for prices all on one page is:

www.huahin.20m.com

click on the drop down box at the top and select 'bangkok'

i love the marriott as kathie has said...for us it offers it all...it is 4 star but a very nice 4* and less costly than some of the others....best pool area in bkk---you say you might not need a pool but wait until you get to bkk and feel the heat and humidity and then you will know why a pool is important...

it is an oasis in the midst of chaos..

other hotels you might look at are:

landmark on sukhumvit
intercontinental on plenochit
hyatt
jw marriott on sukhumvit
majestic grande on soi 2, sukhumvit
holiday inn on plenochit--newly refurbished
conrad on wireless is very very nice

almost any hotel you choose will require some transportation to get to shopping, etc....

it helps to be near to the skytrain, although taxis are very cheap

hotels near to the skytrain would include:

four seasons, jw marriott, holiday inn, intercontinental, conrad, landmark. marriott resort (because of their free boat which drops you right at the skytrain) and shangri-la which is right next to the skytrain
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 09:04 AM

All of the river hotels have free shuttle boats that drop you at the Skytrain station.
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 09:38 AM

The Four Seasons on Rajadamri Rd. and across the street from the Rajadamri skytrain station. It's in the heart of the shopping and only a few stops on the sky train from the river. I stayed there for years and adore the hotel and love the location. Happy Travels!
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 09:53 AM

erni you will get plenty of ideas from the regulars, I am waiting for the Oriental/Penn debate to get going again!
Another place that goes into the rates Bob suggested from Sawadee for the more luxury places is http://www.phuket-luxury-hotels.com/...ry_hotels.html which has the long list plus lots of photos, the rates do vary on time of year and at the moment the USD v Thai Baht has moved the cost up a fair bit.