Bangkok Hotel

Old Mar 15th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bangkok Hotel

Has anyone stayed at [email protected] and what were your impressions. I did read tripadvisor and the reviews varied.

Also the ??Grande Hotel (not sure of the exact name)
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 07:16 AM

DS has dined at [email protected] and was impressed with the place. The location is not bad; just a short walk to the skytrain at National Stadium/MBK mall.

There are lots of "Grande" hotels. Could it be Majestic Grande? There is also chain hotels like the Sheraton and J W Marriott that I think have Grand in their names. Then there is the Grand President, a serviced apartment building (nice) on soi 11... and quite a few others I just can't think of right now.

Carol
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 10:36 AM

I've stayed at the Sheraton Grande, if that's the one you mean. It's a very comfortable hotel in a good location on Sukhumvit, very handy for both the Monorail and the Metro/Subway. It was only for one night, so I'm no expert on it but I wouldn't have any complaints.

Old Mar 16th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your comments. I think the hotel is Majestic Grande so any comments would be great.
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 03:00 PM

I stayed at Majestic Grande a year ago. It was a nice hotel. My room, however, seemed a bit dark and not very spacious. But, the breakfast buffet is quite nice and it included in the price. There is a lovely Italian restaurant (SACZ) on the lobby level. Great place!

On that same trip to Bangkok, I had arranged (before going) to move from the Majestic Grande to the Holiday Inn Ploenchit. I preferred the HI over the MG. My room was much lighter and more spacious. The breakfast was fantastic, but not included in the price.

If other places of my choosing were not available, I would stay at the Majestic Grande again though.

Carol