Thailand in September?

Old Mar 16th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thailand in September?

I am planning a 3 week trip to Asia in September and would like to spend at least 7-8 days in Thailand. I understand it can be very rainy at that time of the year. What parts of Thailand have the best weather that month? Where do you recommend that I go during that time of the year? Thanks!
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 02:53 PM

With just 7 or 8 days, I would not try to do much more than visit Bangkok. Maybe a couple of days in Chiang Mai?

I've been in September. Yes, we had rain, but it wasn't all THAT bad. It didn't rain everyday, all the time. It surely did not keep me from doing what I wanted to do in both Bangkok and Phuket.

What are your interests? Others will chime in here with their ideas very quickly. Lots of great advice here.
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Original Poster

We definitely want to see Bangkok and were hoping to spend some time at a beach. Within that time frame of 7 - 8 days, what do you suggest?
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 03:04 PM

Others seem to comment more on weather patterns in various beach locations, but maybe Koh Samui or Hua Hin would be better choices than Phuket? Or maybe Pattaya or Jomthien (sp). Hua Hin and Pattaya and Jomthien are all taxi rides from Bangkok rather than flights. Flights to Phuket and Samui are about one hour. Taxi rides are from 2 hours and up, depending on where you want to go. I've never been to Pattaya, Hua Hin, or Jomthien.

I've been to Phuket 4 times, Koh Samui only once. I'm returning to Samui next month for about 4-5 days though and am looking forward to it. Hoping to return to Phuket for New Years holiday at the end of the year.

Carol
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 04:25 PM

honestly with that few number of days i would spend the whole time in bkk....i would choose a hotel with a nice pool, like the marriott resort and spa and do my 'beach time' there