Bangkok hotel

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 12:36 PM
bangkok

Bangkok hotel

I read on this web site that Sheratons are good in Bangkok. But they are over US$100. Could someone recommend a hotel that is less than US$100 ($70 - $90)? Of course, it should be nice, close to major tourist sights and nice restaurants, ... Thanks!

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 05:37 PM
Kathie

Check out some of the webistes for booking hotels, like www.asia-hotels.com for special internet rates. I've see rates at the Royal Orchid Sheraton for under $100 a night on those sites before. It depends on exactly when you are traveling.<BR><BR>In any case, you should be able to find plenty of nice hotels in bangkok in your price range.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 05:33 AM
eddie damerell

Hi,<BR> We stayed at the Holiday Inn Crown Plaza on Silom Road in January 2001. We are planning on going back there this November.<BR>This is a great 5* Hotel close to the Sky Train, River and good eating places.<BR>We normally book room only and eat out, but there are some first class resturants within the Hotel.<BR><BR>Try www.sawadee.com and Planetholidays.com for many really good Hotels in your price range.<BR>Planetholidays.com offer some great discounts. Better than booking direct with the hotel.$67 to $72 Oct/Nov.<BR>Have a good trip.<BR> <BR>regards<BR><BR>Eddie

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 08:02 AM
AJ

The Sheraton Royal Orchid in Bangkok is a stunning hotel located right on the river. Their Thai restaurant is one of the prettiest settings and wonderful service and food. The spa is also beautiful.<BR><BR>I visited for the first time over Christmas, spending New Year's Eve watching the stunning fireworks over the river. I loved every minute in Thailand. Can't wait to return. And the shopping......if you see it in Thailand, buy it there. Great prices and great friendly people.<BR><BR> <BR><BR>

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 11:57 AM
Lord Keay

If there was ever a country where it was worth paying just a little over $100 Thailand would be it. These are some of the best bargain 6* hotels in the world<BR><BR>The hotels on the river are truly some of the best in the world. Most regularly appear in the top 10. Why not treat yourself.<BR><BR>My personal favourites are the Peninsula and The Shangri La - try and upgrade to the balcony rooms in the Krungthem wing at the Shang. You can rooms at both these hotels for about $100 - $150<BR><BR>For a bit more of a splurge go to The Oriental - Often cited as the best in the world.<BR><BR>For my money the Sheraton just misses the mark cw these other hotels, but it still is an excellent hotel.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 07:47 PM
Jim Rosenberg

Here's a nice hotel on the River that should fit your budget (we've booked it a couple of times for far less than $100/night):<BR><BR>http://www.royalrivergroup.com/<BR><BR>The rooms are very nice. Get a balcony overlooking the river. Happy Contrails!<BR><BR>