Bali hotel near airpot

Jul 19th, 2005, 07:09 AM
Original Poster

Bali hotel near airpot

My fiance and I will be arriving in Bali one day before we can check into our timeshare in Bali. We get in around 10pm so will be looking to get to our hotel quickly, have a drink perhaps, and sleep so we can start our day bright an early.

Is there a easy, affordable, clean, hotel near the airport that anyone would recommend for just one night like this?
Jul 19th, 2005, 01:38 PM

The areas of Nusa Dua Tanjung Benoi are very close to the airport...about 10 minutes. Kuta is also close...maybe 20 minutes. There are hundreds of hotels to choose from. You could start by looking at the liistings in balibagus.com or balidiscovery.com for ideas.
Jul 19th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Original Poster

For just one night, I'm not too worried about it. Mostly, I was trying to figure out where the transportation would be good.

I'll try Nusa Dua or Benoi. Thank you!!!
Jul 19th, 2005, 08:39 PM

There is no shortage of transportation anywhere in Bali. From the airport, you could do any number of things for transport...pre-arrange having someone from the hotel meet you, use the taxi counter at the airport and prepay the set rate, use a meter taxi from the airport, or use one of the random guys who asks you if you need transport. Transportation is often included in the nightly rate, so worth checking that. It's not a problem at all to arrive late at your hotel. Even Ubud would be only 45 minutes or so at that time of night.
Jul 19th, 2005, 09:43 PM

I have stayed at the Puri Bambu in Jimbaran. It is only 5 minutes from the airport, and the hotel will provide free transport if you let them know ahead of time. Even though you are only planning to spend one night there, it is quite nice and you may wish you could stay longer! The lovely white sand beach is only a few hundred yards away down a quiet side street. You can walk there in the morning and watch the fishermen bringing in the catch and selling the fish right on the beach. You can also walk into the village for the morning market. Here is the web site; even though the prices posted are moderate, I think you can knock them down a bit.
http://puribambuhotel.com/
Jul 20th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all. This is my first experience travel overseas (besides London) so I'm doing my research to make things as smooth as possible. Thank you for your help.
Jul 21st, 2005, 10:57 PM

The Pansea Puri at Jimbaran Bay is excellent. About 10 mins from the airport. The restaurant is expensive, but you can eat next door at the Keraton if you like. The rooms are very romantic, pool is great, and the beach is clean. Not too many hawkers, either.