Late Arrival at Bali Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16th, 2016, 08:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend and I are arriving at Bali airport at 1am. Since we're travelling on a budget, we plan on crashing at the airport that night. How safe is it as we're two girls in our early 20s?
Old Dec 16th, 2016, 09:56 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
My first impulse was to say don't do as accommodation in Bali is cheap. However, I looked on sleepinginairports and their review of Denpasar Airport sounds like it may be better than most. Have a look:
http://www.sleepinginairports.net/asia/denpasar.htm

But it remains, it would be more comfortable to just stay in an inexpensive guesthouse.
Old Dec 16th, 2016, 10:43 PM

I believe the article quoted above refers to departures. I'm not sure that you can stay at the airport upon arrival. You will have to go through immigration, and claim your baggage. After you've gone through customs, you're really out of the airport and there won't be a lot of places to stretch out.

Depending on where you're headed, a taxi will cost USD15-20. There are plenty of inexpensive hostel and budget hotels within 20-30 minutes of the airport. You will have many choices between USD25-40 for two.

Even though Kuta is closest to the airport I would go to Petitenget or Batu Belig which are both safe and full of young travelers. The cheapest places are on Sunset Road, but you can get good prices on Jalan Petitenget as well. Look at the Hotel Neo, the Ibis Styles.

When you book your room ask about rates that include airport pick up and breakfast. Rates will fluctuate based on the time that you are traveling. Between Christmas and New Year's is high season. After January 10 rates drop substantially.
Old Dec 17th, 2016, 07:36 AM

Marmot's no doubt right about the airport and I should have thought of that. It makes much more sense to just go on to wherever you decide to stay in Bali. It's normal for flights in Asia to arrive at all hours and I've always been fetched in Bali by a car or taxi sent by the places I booked (in Ubud), as marmot says. I, too, travel on a budget and shared by 2 of you it won't cost much.
Old Dec 17th, 2016, 07:49 AM

It is silly to stay in the airport when you can easily and cheaply get to an inexpensive guesthouse.
Old Dec 17th, 2016, 09:23 AM

Kathie has spoken.
Old Dec 17th, 2016, 11:47 PM

We stayed v.close to Bali Airport for a couple of nights prior to an early morning flight to Yogyakarta.

There are several choices, the perfectly good Manggar Hotel was the one we went for...

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_...uban_Bali.html

Easy enough to walk to the seafront and Kuta, and a few places to eat/drink closeby.

We even walked [10 minutes] at silly o'clock to the Airport Domestic Terminal.
Old Dec 20th, 2016, 07:18 AM

I've arrived in Bali late at night twice this year and can assure you there's nowhere in the airport you could sleep between clearing customs and the exit, unless you fancy snuggling with the cigarettes and booze in Duty Free ��

There will be plenty on cabs to take you to your guest house!!