Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

anyone using Bangkok Air in the near future?

Old Nov 6th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in need of an answer that the telephone reservations people (they seem to be in India) can't seem to answer, and hoping someone might ask an agent at the airport....

All the Bangkok-to Siem Reap flights over Xmas/New Years are very full. I was able to get BKK- SRP seats, and am trying every hour for return flights on Dec 31. Hoping I'll catch cancellations just as they hit the web site. So far, I've got 2 seats on two different flights.

I'm just wondering if Bangkok Airways ever adds new flights to their schedule when it is sold out so far in advance? (Well, not SO far, but too far for me!)

I know I'm most likely going to have to just keep trying, but it would be nice to think we won't ultimately end up taking a bus or something back from Siem Reap!
Old Nov 6th, 2006, 06:14 PM

Lucy, in order to add additional flights Bangkok Air would have to have additional planes which is not economical in the airline business if they are only going to be used during the busiest times. Keep trying to find those cancellations and good luck!!
Old Nov 6th, 2006, 06:32 PM

take a tour to PP the day before and fly back from there

you'll get those tickets....I have faith in you, you've got time for 2 to show up, your just going to have to work hard for them
no one ever appreciates the one who does all the planning!

Aloha!
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 12:05 PM

I had great luck finding flights last Saturday at 7 AM California time. Many flights seemed to have opened since the day before.
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm still trying aobut 15 times a day... and in the middle of the night as well!

And I know you're probably right Craig..especially since its a small airline. I know JAL and Hawaiian Air will sometime add flights, but probably since they are a lot bigger.

A girl can dream though.... ;-)
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 08:55 PM

lucy
I saw some openings on siem riep airways but you have to fly sr/pp and pp to bkk.
About 234.00 US per person but it's a way out.try this link

http://www.siemreapairways.com/

Never flown this airlines but saw their planes in sr....looked ok

Aloha!
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 09:05 PM

here is the search i did on kayak for tix

http://www.kayak.com/s/flightprogres...TyvaDQ4oDd8P97
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Original Poster

Thanks HT. Great idea, but unfortunately when I go to Kayak or Siem Reap Air and try to book, it dumps me back at Bangkok Airways, and there are no seats.

Maybe there is a different trick, so I'm going to try calling SR Air and see if maybe they can do it for me.

Muchas Gracias.
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 07:15 AM

yes you have to call sr air directly. Bangkok air runs their booking engine on the internet so if you try online you'll get their(ba) results.
The kayak results show that sra should have those flights showing still open

good luck!
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 01:48 PM

Although Bangkok Air code shares with Siem Reap airlines you can't buy a ticked on their web site even though you are directed there. Their flights are not even shown. You must send an email or call the airlines office and will put the tickets on hold (if there are available seats) for pick it - in your case at their office in SR. There are two flights daily from PP to BK - 9.40AM or 8.10PM.

Bangkok Air also flies this route and they have a special from Nov 1/06 to March 24/07 for $87 including all extra charges but not the airport tax of $25.

To see some of the country you could take a taxi from SR to PP for around $45 for the whole car. It takes about 5hrs and the road is in good shape. If you see something interesting along the way you can always stop and explore. There is also a comfortable bus that you can take for $9 and it takes around 6hrs with one short stop.