ANYONE TRIED THESE SPAS IN BANGKOK?

Old Dec 28th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Original Poster

ANYONE TRIED THESE SPAS IN BANGKOK?

Hi,

I have a few spas that I have read about and would like to know if anyone on this forum have tried..I tend to prefer spas that are not located in hotels...I have tried Oriental and Tantara and find them overrated..How do the below compare with price/service/ambience/location?

1. Lian Spa
2. Leyana Spa
3. Face Spa
4. Nicolie (not sure if thats how spell it)

thanks...
Old Dec 28th, 2006, 07:15 PM

face gets very high marks by fodorites, most recently by kathie
Old Dec 28th, 2006, 07:40 PM
mjs

We did Face last month. Takes 30 to 45 minutes to get there from the Sheraton Orchid. Wish it were closer. I think they only have two treatment rooms which are pleasant and lightly airconditioned. Best massage I ever had. Reasonable prices. It is not one of the mega spa's with pool, and multiple baths, locker room etc. Nice for what it is. Good Thai restaurant upstairs.
Old Dec 28th, 2006, 07:47 PM

I have used Face spa twice in each of my last two trips to Bangkok. Many others on the board have as well. Do a seach for Face Spa and you'll see lots of reports.

They do only have two treatment rooms, each accommodates two people. The ambiance is very Thai (as opposed to high-tech spa). The rooms are little teak houses. Their prices are excellent. Make a reservation in advance. We like to go to Face our first morning in Bangkok, so we book ahead on the internet. www.facebars.com

We also like to follow our spa treaments with lunch at LanaThai, their Thai resturant. There is also an Indian restaurant, Hazara that is open only for dinner. Visage, also a part of the complex is a french backery and chocolatier.
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 03:55 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies...will go will Face then....will let you know how I go...
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 10:33 AM

I don't know where you are staying in Bangkok. We stay along the river (Royal Orchid Sheraton) and always take the Skytrain to/from Face. It's an easy walk from the Skytrain station.
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 12:39 PM

Hi Kathy,
Based on a previous recommendation from you I printed out the Spa menu from Face and the prices do seem very reasonable compared to US prices i.e. a 3 hour various spa sessions for 3300 Bht. I was wondering what type of massage you have had there? Royal, Thai herbal compress, sport,Thai scented oil?. I'm VERY excited as we are leaving for Thailand on Friday, Jan 5th and will spend two weeks on Phuket, and two weeks in BKK, a few days in Hua Hin and Face is on my list to visit. I can't decide what type of massage to pick though.
Does anyone know anything about the other spas that ladyice has mentioned?
Could someone explain what Wat Po is all about and where it is located?
Many thanks
Sue
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 02:27 PM

Sue, I've had the Thai scented oil massage there (my favorite) as well as the Thai herbal compress. I have a bad back and can't tolerate traditonal Thai massage (in which you are pushed and pulled and stretched while wearing a soft cotton outfit).

Wat Po is the school of traditional Thai massage. It is located at Wat Po (aka The Temple of the Reclining Buddha) which is adjacent to the Grand Palace/Emerald Buddha complex. You can get traditional Thai massage there in a large (non-private) room or you can ask fro them to come to your hotel. Do know what you are getting into with Thai massage - people either love it or hate it. If you have back or neck problems it can make those problems worse.
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Original Poster

Kathie,

We will be staying at the President Park on Sukhumvit Road and I have no idea how central it is as the road is so long....
Sue, please let us know your experiences...would love to hear them as I will be going end of Jan..
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 11:31 AM

I don't know exactly where that hotel is, but if it is close to a skytrain stop it will be very easy to get to Face.
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 04:21 PM
Original Poster

I have been trying to get into the Face site for a few days now but it keeps saying dns error or server not found...anyone else having problems?
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 05:00 PM

I clicked right on the link in my response above and the website came right up. Try it again.
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 06:13 PM

Dreamy massage and facial at Leyana. Could barely stay awake to enjoy it!
www.leyanaspa.com
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 08:42 PM

Had a coffee scrub with herbal compress massage at Face on New years eve. Absolutely the best scrub and massage I've ever had, and I've had a lot. Love the rooms too. My only wish is that I could have soaked in the pool outside too!