Another BKK Marriott resort question...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2005, 08:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The BKK Marriott resort has got to be the most discussed hotel on the Asia board...

Has anyone seen Junior Suite rooms at this hotel? How do they compare to the regular deluxe/riverview rooms?

We are scheduled to go in March and are now considering taking our 13 year old son along too, in which case we would need a room with enough space for a cot.

Thanks!
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 08:51 AM

I have only stayed once in one of their regular rooms, but have stayed literally dozens of times in either a suite or junior suite. The junior suites are quite a bit larger than their regular rooms, and have larger bathrooms, usually with a separate shower and bathtub. There is a small sofa/sitting area. You could fit in a roll-away cot easily.
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 09:10 AM

the suites are much larger and provide more privacy in some ways....the regular room would hold a cot fine but it would be right there, not 10 feet from your bed....i think it would make for a cramped room, but would be do-able....

the standard room is a normal size hotel room based on western standards...it is a large rectangle...it has a desk, a large amoire and a bed or two....there is one chair and a small table as well, plus the desk chair....
the two suites we were in had two room and one had two baths...i think there were doors to provide privacy....we did not think it was worth the extra money...

how about this....book a regular room...go and look at it ...also look at a suite and if you need that, just upgrade....the hotel should not be all that full in march...???
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 12:35 PM

We got bumped up to the jr suite becs it was our honeymoon and it was soooooooo nice! I did see a regular room while we were there and as everyone said the suite is much bigger
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 04:50 PM

We stayed in a Jr. Suite at the Marriott last July with our 18yo son. They brought in a roll-away bed and placed it in the little sitting area which was separated from the King bed by a small railing. It was not in the way at all and we had enough room to move around. The bathroom was very large also. We really enjoyed our stay there. I booked through Sawadee.com and they had a special for a free room upgrade so we got it for the deluxe room rate, included buffet breakfast and taxes. I would highly recommend it.
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 05:39 PM

there is a similar promo at the moment on www.huahin.20m.com
scroll down to other thailand destinations and click on bangkok
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 10:15 PM
CFW

We just got back from Thailand and were also upgraded to a junior suite from a deluxe river view room at the BKK Marriott resort. I think a regular room there would be too cramped for you & a 13 year old. They are standard hotel sized. The junior suite does not have a separate living room as some suites do. It is very nicely laid out though, with a railing separating the bed area from the "living room" area, which has a sofa & table & a desk. Large bathroom with large separate shower with clear glass doors and tub & double sinks I think. Also a separate "dressing table" with mirror.

We also booked through the site Bob recommends www.huahin.20m.com, but I think that is the same as sawadee.com. The rates are great, and we had no problem whatsoever.
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 09:01 AM

That's right they link into the Sawadee system but I too stick with them as never once had any problem at all, also like for the large number of places offered ( I think they have about 140 for Samui alone ! ) and also the honest reviews. Beachsiam is anoth one which links into same system, that site has more photos and info.
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 09:02 AM

That's right they link into the Sawadee system but I too stick with them as never once had any problem at all, also like for the large number of places offered ( I think they have about 140 for Samui alone ! ) and also the honest reviews. Beachsiam.com is another one which links into same system, site has more photos and info.