Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > Angkor extrance, exit, temple fee,etc -- Help

Angkor extrance, exit, temple fee,etc -- Help

May 2nd, 2005, 05:49 PM
LSV
Original Poster

Angkor extrance, exit, temple fee,etc -- Help

I'm having a hard time finding entrance/exit/Visa fee information for Cambodia (I live in the US.) Any recommendations?? Do I need to plan ahead or can I pay for the Visa at the airport.... Also, Can I buy my angkor pass in Siem Reap or do I need to purchase ahead of time?? If in advance, any suggestions on where/how.....
Thank you in advance for any help....
May 2nd, 2005, 05:57 PM

You can get your visa at the airpot when you get to Cambodia. You may need a passport size photo if I remember correctly. You can get the pass for Angkor in Siem Riep, there's a station for that about a km or so away from the temples and you get your picture taken there and they make up the pass for you. I believe a three day pass is US$40.00
May 2nd, 2005, 06:54 PM

laurie is correct...however you will save time by bringing a passport picture for your park pass and maybe one for your visa??...our driver just took them inside and was out in about 5 minutes...we did not even go into the building...its $20 a day as i remember but there are 3 and 5 day passes as well for slightly less per day...

we got our visa from the DC embassy before we left...saved time waiting in line at the airport....the day we went there was a very confusing situation at immigration and we were glad we could avoid most of it because we had our visa already...i sent our passports to them in the regular mail with a return heavy duty envelope...it took about 2 weeks...i think there is a time frame from issuance to usage which may be 90 days, so beware if you do it...they have a US web site...you can also get it at the un embassy in nyc i believe...

i mentioned driver above and i ment to say guide...you will benefit from a driver and or guide while touring...they are about $20-25 each per day....they make life so much easier...the best money we spent...the a/c car is a must imo...it is very hot out there and you are able to cool down from one setting to another....this has been a topic of conversation recently on fodors, but i stand by the absolute need for this assistance..
May 2nd, 2005, 08:11 PM

Bob is right, you want an air-con car. It's hotter than hell in Siem Reap and you will be most grateful for the respite from the heat especially since you will be doing a lot of walking and climbing. I got my visa when I arrived in Phnom Penh. I don't recall the lines being very long. It took maybe 15 minutes. It may be different at Siem Reap though.
May 3rd, 2005, 10:37 AM

Most important...you need two empty facing pages in your passport for the visa at the airport in Cambodia. Plus US currency for the fee. No problem if you have the above.
May 3rd, 2005, 12:43 PM

Yes, you do need a passport photo for your visa (easily obtained upon arrival at the airport) and for your temples pass. The prices for the temples pass is US$20 for one day, US$40 for three days, US$60 for seven days. You can get a visa ahead of time, you cannot get a temples pass ahead of time. As mentioned, it only takes a few minutes.
May 3rd, 2005, 01:09 PM

Would black & white passport-size photos do or does it have to be in color? I got mine black and white today.
May 3rd, 2005, 04:00 PM

rhkkmk, I got an email yesterday from the Cambodian Immigration and they recommended getting the VISA in advance here in the U.S. I checked out the website and it looks pretty easy. My only concern was I had read that someone got their VISA in Bangkok and when they arrived in Cambodia they made them pay again. Did you have any problems? This would save precious time on our trip. Thanks.
May 3rd, 2005, 04:29 PM

Black and white photos are fine.

I've not heard of anyone who had a visa in advance having problems with being charged again.
May 3rd, 2005, 09:17 PM

i have not had any trouble on entrance...seems crazy...how would that person have gotten a visa if they had not paid?? think about it..
May 3rd, 2005, 09:18 PM

i did think they were pretty stern upon arrival...they were business like...well...asian business like...

Search this Thread