Anantara GT Spa

Search

Anantara GT Spa

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anantara GT Spa

I booked a pkg on the SLH site that inc. a spa treatment per day but have read some negative reports of their spa. Does anyone highly recommend it otherwise I'll just book the basic Club rate and hope for an upgrade to a suite? There seem to be a lot of rooms/pkgs available-maybe because I'm going in early Dec. rather than the holidays.
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 02:07 PM

We did a number of spa treatments while there and they were excellent. Crosscheck didn't like the facial she had (I think it was the product used that she didn't like). We had massage, facial, body scrub and loved them all.

A spa treatmetn each day likely means you choose which treatment, so you can tailor you choices to your preferences (and consider your recent surgery)... which makes me think you may not be able to do massge at that point.
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Original Poster

Thanks again Kathie and I can definitely get massages! Since I don't really need a suite with just me, guess I'll keep the booking I have. Can you give me any tips on clothes to take for Dec? It'll be hot everywhere but GT may be chilly and I'm wondering how dressy some of these places are-hopefully, not too!
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 02:52 PM

Don't worry about getting dressed up. Neat but casual attire is really all that is required. I typically take long pants (cotton or linen) and short-sleeved shirts or tops. For evening, I take a couple of long-sleeved shirts. In my experience, it gets chilly at night (bring a sweater or a wrap) but it is warm during the day.

In general, I take a couple of dressier things (like a dressy top or two) for special dinners in Bangkok.
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 03:00 PM

We used the spa 3 times last month. The aesthetic is very good...nice rooms, nice view, very pleasant staff. Showering beforehand presents the same hot water challenges the room did...hot/cold/warm/cold...difficult to adjust temperature and never stable. We saw two cockroaches over the three visits, one in the closet where you should keep your clothes and another on the dressing table...kind of gave me the heebie jeebies, but at that point I wasn't too bothered by them as they were in our room every day as well (spray provided for do it yourself extermination).

Treatments were highly variable. One day it was very good - that day we had a Thai massage and an aroma massage and both of us were pleased. One day it was fine - a Thai massage and an aroma massage/body scrub. One day it was terrible - aroma massage for each of us, and an Ayurvedic head massage for me as well.

The spa was not very busy...one day we were the only guests all day when we went at 7:00. The receptionist asked if I had a discount coupon, and I didn't (must be a benifit of some rate or agency or something). I asked her if we could have the discount anyway, and she took 1000 baht off of out bill...nice gesture (but the total that day was 9000 baht - not an inexpensive spa at all, in fact, more expensive than the much nicer and better Peninsula spa).

Overall, it is an OK spa, but not more than that. Maybe you'll get lucky and get very good treatments every day, though. I hope so, because the very good day was what inspired us to go again.
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Original Poster

The Virtuouso rate gives 15% off all spa treatments-maybe that is the coupon? My Dec. rate is $285 which I hope does NOT inc. cockroaches but does inc. brk., one 1hr spa treatment per day and the Hall of OP. voucher. The reg. SLH club rate is $240 that does not inc. anything other than the possible upgrade.
I guess no skirts/dresses will be required anyplace I am going then-actually am hoping to pick up some suitable lightweight stuff in my first 3days in BKK.
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 03:10 PM

You don't need anything dressy at all. I hope you get an upgrade.
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 03:53 PM

Kim was there during the low season which may explain some of the difficulties she experienced. You'll be there during the high season, so I expect (hope) things will be different.
Old Sep 26th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Original Poster

I just switched to the Virtuouso rate in the hopes of getting an upgrade. It also provides brk and discount on spa-unfortunately, no transfers.
Old Sep 26th, 2007, 08:45 AM

My husband and I spent some time at the Anantara resort in Hua Hin Thailand, which is about 3 hours south of Bangkok. We were not disappointed with the resort or the complimentary massages! When we got into the actual town of Hua Hin, we realized that spa treatments were offered at a fraction of the cost! We were shown the spa at the resort and yes! It was beautiful, but for savings of literally thousand of bahts, why? We got facials, massages and body scrubs for much much less than they were offering at the Anantara resort and spa. How come a massage at the Anantara resort costs 3000baht and on the 'street' cost 300baht? We did take advantage of the complimentary spa package that was offered with our Lagoon suite.But we preferred the spa treatment outside of the resort. My advice is to wait, go outside the resort and enjoy and support the many wonderful spas that Thailand has to offer! We have many pictures of the Anantara resort in Hua Hin; we were not disappointed with the resort in any way. Please check out our pictures.
Old Sep 26th, 2007, 08:53 AM

Oops! I forgot to metion where our amazing photos are!! Please check out our photos of the amazing Anantara resort and spa in Hua Hin, Thailand. http://hobosinlovemedia.com Thanks and I hope this honest information was useful to you. Cheers!