Search

Aleenta vs Praseban

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2004, 03:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aleenta vs Praseban

Hi there

Has anybody stayed at the Palm Suite I at the Aleenta Resort in Pranburi? Is the Aleenta better than the Praseban resort? Would you recommend either of them for a New Year's break? Thanks!
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 01:08 PM

We stayed at one of the pool suites in Aleenta last November ... it was wonderful. Am not familiar with Praseban, so won't be able to compare. The staff at Aleenta was very helpful and pleasant, even drove into town to get film for us. The only downside was it's quite a drive from Bangkok and I don't think there are flights to Hua Hin airport anymore. The area had a storm several weeks before we went, so there were quite a few mosquitoes, but nothing DEET could't take care of.
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 09:37 PM

Both are quite remote, about 30-40 minutes south of Hua Hin, they are 'very remote', my own totally personal suggestion would be to look at a similar style place that is not so remote such as the Kaban Tamor / S'Mor Spa / Baan Talay Dao all of which are at Khao Takiab area which is just 10-15 minutes from the center of Hua Hin. Unless you want to remain in a very quiet place you will not find anything of interest/restaurants etc around that area. Maybe look at a sea front Jazuzzi Room at S'Mor Spa. The design is excellent, nice views, but easy access to town for restaurants/night market etc etc. huahin.20m has details and photos plus also reviews of all those places mentioned.
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 05:05 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback! Imma
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 06:45 AM

Hi

I have stayed at both places while researching for the website www.i-escape.com. Aleenta wins hands down, for style, service and privacy. Praseban is basically a copy, and lacks originality and also privacy (French windows mean that passersby can look in).
At Aleenta I looked inside the Palm Suite and it seemed lovely.
You can read my review at:

http://www.i-escape.com/hotel.php?hotel_key=TH006

JamesA - I wouldnt say it is 'very remote' - not compared to some islands anyway. Also I found Hua Hin rather charmless, but if people do want to visit / dine there, it is only 20-30 mins drive.
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 02:01 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everybody. I've decided to go to Koh Samed as the beaches are a lot nicer there.