Air India from

Aug 26th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Original Poster

Air India from

Jfk NY city. Has anyone flown? I'm not a good 'flier' and haven't used this air india before. any comments?
Aug 26th, 2007, 04:06 PM

What are your alternatives - Air India isn't the best.
Aug 26th, 2007, 05:27 PM

Hi. i have flown it way too many times, and i would certainly search for alternatives. The air India connects via London, and u seriously want to avoid that connection these days if u can!!

The planes are a bit old, the service is avergage but the food is quite good if u like Indian food..they serve u about 4 times..the have great pilots too! I know a few of them.

However, from From NEW york, well, from Newark(not so bad!) there is a direct flight to Delhi on Continental. Alot of folks i know are now opting for that route. I would definately suggest going for a direct flite!

I actually lead tours in India, and the majority of the tour-memembers come on either Air India or Continental...Needless to say, the Continetal folks usually have better stories..

Also, from NY u can really look into most European carriers, and they will simply be routed thru their country hubs, to name a few,like Luftansa, Air France, etc,
etc..

What i do...Well, I go back and forth all the time between New York and Delhi and i fly THAI Airlines....Yea, it is a bit convoluted, but i like the BKK layover..I also like the JFK-bKK direct flite very much.,.i TAKE the lovely detiour to bANGKOK, and then i hop on another Thai flite a few days later to Delhi or Bombay! That is only 31/2 hours..

Anyways, feel free to drop me a line [email protected]
Aug 26th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Original Poster

thanks, forgot to say , i need air india nyc to paris. not india.
Aug 26th, 2007, 05:48 PM

There are lots of good airlines from New York to Paris, Air India isn't one of them.
Aug 26th, 2007, 08:55 PM

This has nothing to do with the OP, but Air India has started JFK-BOM non-stop for a few weeks using their brand new 777-200LRs. It seems like they have problems filling their cabin, and is having a sale now.

Which means pretty emtpy cabin for the 15-16 hour flights.
Aug 27th, 2007, 12:18 AM

Air India have their new 777 non-stop service from JFK now, also you have Jet Airways to Mumbai and that stops en route in Brussels, you also have the Gulf airlines non stop such as Emirates ( twice daily non stop to Dubai and once daily via Hamburg ) and Etihad non stop Abu Dhabi and from there connect same airline/s to various India destinations.
Aug 27th, 2007, 12:19 AM

Just seen you are going to Paris not India so above irrelevant.
Aug 27th, 2007, 05:04 AM

i'm guessing that you are looking for a low fare?? if that is the case, i would not look to air india as one of the options given that you are fly shy...
Aug 27th, 2007, 07:00 AM

rvchat, for flights from JFK to Paris, you might want to check out Icelandair. Their fares have gotten more expensive in recent years, but we've often been able to find a good rate with them, especially in the winter months; sometimes there are better fares on their website than with aggregators like Orbitz or Expedia.

There is a layover in Iceland; because of the way they plan their routes, I have never had a problem with missing my connection or anything. I find their service to be reliably professional and good.