Search

Air Asia?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Air Asia?

Has anyone used AirAsia for domestic flights in Malaysia? They seem incredibly cheap. Did you encounter any problems with them? I would like to book some flights with them but I want to be sure I won't get to the airport and find out my ticket is no good. Any responses will be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 14th, 2005, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do a search on this site for info on Air Asia. A number of people have booked with them and have reported back.
Old Apr 14th, 2005, 08:18 PM

They have been around a few years now and overall reliable, cehap and efficient, they do ok financially also so no problem there, They are malaysia's second largest carrier also with an operation in Thailand as Thai Air Asia. Nothing to worry about just remember it's a 'budget airline'.
Old Apr 14th, 2005, 08:27 PM

I've flown with them a few times without incident. Some claim that they are very strict with their luggage allowance policy, but I've never been charged for my excess luggage.
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 12:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I've read the replies, did a search on this forum and made my plane reservations with Air Asia. It makes me feel better to know others have used them without major mishaps. When something is so much cheaper, you do have to wonder and ask a few questions! I saved a bundle on air for me and my husband and decided to upgrade all the hotel rooms with the savings. I'm especially looking forward to the Club Floor at the Mandarin Oriental. From what I can tell from other posters, it's worth the money. But is it worth it to pay even more for the Premium City View Room, with a view of the Petronas Towers? I've booked 5 nights for that room and it is considerably more expensive than the standard and deluxe club rooms.