Why is Air France So Expensive?

Sep 4th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Original Poster

Why is Air France So Expensive?

I have been trying to find a convenient multi-city combination (LHR to Toulouse; Barcelona to CDG and then CDG back to LHR). British Air has a direct flight to Toulouse but from Barcelona I would have to return to LHR and then on to Paris. Air France takes me from LHR to Paris and then on to Toulouse. If I try to just get the Air France flight from Barcelona to Paris then the cost is something like $900!!!!! Which is more expensive than if I used Air France for all three flights. Another reason I wanted to just use British Airlines except for the Barcelona to CDG flight is that I am meeting my husband in Paris and if he just took the flight back to CDG from Paris on Air France it is much, much more than a BA flight. This is nuts! Does anyone have a solution???
Sep 4th, 2009, 07:34 PM

Why don't you try one of the budget airlines?
www.whichbudget.com
www.skyscanner.net
Sep 5th, 2009, 07:07 AM

Try Vueling into Orly.
Sep 5th, 2009, 08:23 AM

No reason to book all flights on single airline. Just book each leg separately with whatever the cheapest/best airline.

One often finds airfare high when one's not flexible with carrier or time. The airline has to make money somehow, usually from business travelers that are inflexible with itinerary or are tied to a particular carrier by contract.
Sep 5th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

Many thanks. I had never seen Vueling before and it was never given to me as an option. Their schedule seems to be only six months in advance but their prices seem very reasonable. Problem solved. Again, many thanks