Search

Volotea Airline Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2022, 09:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Volotea Airline Questions

Hello,

My wife and I will be traveling in Greece this September. We will be purchasing a couple one way flights to get around the islands. Cheapest airline by far is Volotea. I've read many complaints about them so I'm a little concerned about making the purchase. If anyone has any experience with Volotea and wants to share it, good or bad, that'd be great.

Also, on their website, they are offering a 15 day trial for their MegaVolotea program. Is it possible to book my flights within that 15 day period and then cancel it without being charged anything after the fact? I've checked their terms of service but couldn't find anything specific.

Thanks for any help!

Ryan
Old Jul 18th, 2022, 11:21 AM

Any luck finding answer?
Old Jul 18th, 2022, 11:26 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nefeki9552
Any luck finding answer?
I did end up just booking with them using their trial membership..

You get to keep the discounted ticket price after canceling the trial membership. Looks like you lose the ability for free flight changes and free 10kg checked bag.

Hopefully there won't be any issues with the flights. However, now a days that is the case with every airline.
Old Jul 18th, 2022, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by RyanNirg

You get to keep the discounted ticket price after canceling the trial membership. Looks like you lose the ability for free flight changes and free 10kg checked bag.

Hopefully there won't be any issues with the flights. However, now a days that is the case with every airline.
Wow, tnx for the quick reply!
It's a bummer that they also cancel 10kg bags... I counted my flights and in my case it's still beneficial to keep the subscription as I have to fly with them 4 times in three weeks. And again, in these unpredictable days, free flight changes also seem handy.

Enjoy your vacation!
Old Jul 23rd, 2022, 02:05 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
We flew Volotea from Bari to Palermo Italy,a 55 minute flight. . It reminded us of Southwest. No frills, no problems,inexpensive, on time. This saved us a four hour trip, going from Bari in Puglia to Rome and back south to Palermo, Sicily. We would fly them again. They seem to connect less major cities in Europe and are reasonably priced.
Old Aug 15th, 2022, 09:17 PM

I'm also planning on traveling to Greece late August. If I book the flight using the 15 day trial membership and utilize their free 10kg checked bag, will I get penalized if I cancel the membership after my flight?
Old Aug 22nd, 2022, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by SantoriniAthens
I'm also planning on traveling to Greece late August. If I book the flight using the 15 day trial membership and utilize their free 10kg checked bag, will I get penalized if I cancel the membership after my flight?
hi did you try it?
Old Aug 30th, 2022, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by OneDirection_1D
hi did you try it?
Yes I did! I just got back from my trip a couple days ago. However, they fail to inform you that you aren't guaranteed a seat if you don't pay for your seat assignment. So while I got the benefits of the Megavolotea, I was on standby for the flight. Luckily for me, I was first at the gate and managed to snag a seat assignment eventually after everyone boarded. However, it was also interesting that during check in the guy told me that it was a full and overbooked flight but when I actually got on the plane, there were plenty of open and available seats.
Old Feb 4th, 2023, 06:44 PM

Hi! If i book tickets within that 15-days trial and then cancel it , I'll lose the ability for free 10kg checked bag right?
​​​​​​So you didn't bring any bags with you?