Terminal "S" Hartsfield (ATL)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a five hour layover in Atlanta for a flight from San Francisco to Madrid, and have purchased Delta Sky Club passes for the day. Now we are hoping to figure out which of the many Sky Club lounges at the airport will be closest to our departure gate ... and avoiding having to clear security again, if possible.

Our itinerary shows us arriving at ATL from SFO and departing for MAD from "Terminal S", but I can't find a terminal S on the ATL airport map. There are lounges in terminals A, B, C, T, and E.

Is "Terminal S" just an indication that we will arrive in the south terminal? Is there even a south terminal?
Old Jul 19th, 2009, 03:33 PM

MAD should depart from E. There are 2 Sky Clubs in E not far from each other. The larger of the 2 that's the second one if you're coming from the direction of the train used to be the Business Elite lounge and I slightly prefer the layout. The first one that used to be a Crown Room Club does have showers if that's a consideration.
Old Jul 19th, 2009, 03:37 PM

Oh you don't have to worry about clearing security again (except on your return of course). Transfers including the train are airside.
Old Jul 19th, 2009, 08:02 PM

There's a possibility it could leave from T as well. T is used for intl departure overflow. I didn't think MAD was one of the flights that used T but it appears it can go out from either. I don't think there's a way to predict which. There's a Sky Club in T but I've never been in it.
Old Jul 19th, 2009, 09:01 PM

You will almost certainly leave from E - T is rarely used for international departures.

Of the two SkyClubs, definitely go to the old BusinessElite club in Terminal E. It is maybe 20 yards past the first SkyClub you see. It is usually less crowded and has a better snack selection.
Old Jul 20th, 2009, 04:25 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info - we will look for the better of the two lounges, presumably in terminal E.

I guess the "S" designation is just something on the itinerary ...
Old Jul 20th, 2009, 09:28 AM

Actually quite a few intl departures have been using T. Mostly to South America but yesterday DUB, STR, CDG, SVO, MUC, ATH were among the TATL flights that departed from T and two days ago MAD departed from T. While the majority of TATL still depart from E, I don't think there's really a way of predicting for any particular flight and day.

I believe S just means Terminal South.
Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 12:05 PM

T, A, B, C, D and E are <b>concourses</b>. The main <b>terminal</b> where one checks-in is divided into North and South.