Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Air Travel
Reload this Page >

JFK Terminal 7 - Does an Admirals Club Lifetime Pass work anywhere there?

Old Apr 19th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

We are flying on British Airways Open Skies in June from JFK to Amsterdam. I just found out that since we've taken their cheapest (and a great bargain) "BizSeat" fare, we will not be allowed in the British Airways lounge, which Open Skies uses.

SOOO -- are there any other lounges in Terminal 7 where I can use my Admiral's Club pass?

Thanks for any good ideas!!
Old Apr 20th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

topping to hope for an answer. thanks.
Old Apr 21st, 2009, 05:53 AM

Terminal 7 has 4 or 5 OW airlines. I have never been there so I don't know if they all use the same lounge or they have their own. It would make sense for all except BA not to have a lounge and just pay BA so their once a day flight premium passengers can use the lounge. I can't tell you if that's the case.

That said, with few exceptions, AA does not allow their AC members use other lounges where AA has it's own. Unfortunately in this case AA is in terminal 8. That would mean that you would need to go to terminal 7, check in your bags, take the airtrain to terminal 8, go through security and enjoy the AC. (you can do that if you are an AC member and call ahead, AC will notify TSA to let you through just with an ID and a current AC membership card, no BP needed). But you would need to leave at least an hour before flight so you can catch the airtrain back to terminal 7, go through security again and get to your gate in time.

Not sure if all of that hassle is worth it.

I don't think you'll be able to use the lounge(s) in terminal 7.
Old Apr 21st, 2009, 09:34 AM
yk

apart from you AC pass, do you have elite status on any OneWorld carriers (OneWorld Sapphire or Emerald)?
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 11:26 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, AAFrequent Flyer and yk. No, I don't want the hassle of going back to AA terminal 8.
I don't have any other elite status cards.
I do, however, have a new Priority Pass, which I've never used. (can't even remember how I got it) But, it is supposed to give one access to various airline clubs, and there is one in Terminal 7, it is the United Airlines Club, which is near Gates 7 & 8 I think.
My friend who recently flew Open Skies said she arrived 2 hours before flight time, but no one else came til 1 hour prior to flight. I may not have to worry about going early and having to wait a long time.
Know anything about that United club? Also I don't know the gate from which Open Skies departs. do you?
Thanks for the info.