Notices

royal brunei airlines

Apr 15th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Original Poster

royal brunei airlines

hello
i am flying with royal brunei to australia has any one flown with them, what are they like as an air line? are they reliable? i booked the tickets with STA travel.
Apr 15th, 2007, 07:22 AM

Maybe you will get lucky and the Sultan himself will fly your plane. Like the late King Hussein of Jordan, he is said to be qualified to fly a 747 (and no doubt the larger Airbuses) and has reportedly served as Pilot in Command on some flights between Brunei and London, where he has extensive property interests.
Apr 15th, 2007, 08:36 AM

I flew Royal Brunei airlines last fall and it was just fine - no problems at all.
Jul 19th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the replies, i appreciate it
Jul 27th, 2007, 08:11 PM

I flew Royal Brunei from Australia to London and return with refueling stops in Bandar Seri Begawan (Brunei) and Dubai. It was fine, no frills but pleasant service and meals, everything worked.

Be aware that there is no alcohol served, but they provide mixers - I bought on one of those mini bottles and there was no issue. You also start each flight with a long prayer for your safety and the well being of your loved ones left at home which I thought was lovely.
Aug 1st, 2007, 10:46 AM

Been quite a few years since I flew them but they were fine, friendly staff, nice planes. They will go via Bandar Seri Begawan, it does make it a bit long, there are lots of carriers into Australia like Emirates, Etihad, Singapore, Malaysia etc. I would not worry about there being no alchol, I can tell you that you will arrive fresher than ever!
Aug 1st, 2007, 07:13 PM

Flew business London To Brisbane 3 years ago, very good and helpful FA`s. Comfortable qand reasonable food
Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:23 AM
Original Poster

thanks for the replies

Search this Thread