Reload this Page >

Kuweit Airlines to London

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 05:50 AM
Gary

Orbitz sells JFK-LHR round trip for $330 US on Kuweit Airlines on Tue, Thu, Sat (I checked for October only). Has anyone had any experiences with this airline? Sounds scary to fly them.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 11:23 AM
noway

After 9/11, why on earth would you even consider this option? I'd spend the extra $50-$200 to fly a US or European carrier.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 04:00 PM
Gary

Yeah, I agree. My wife said she'd rather swim across the Atlantic than take that airline.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 11:24 PM
amg

They have one of the youngest fleet in the business. Most of their planes were destroyed by Iraq after the invasion during 1990. They fly a 777 from NY to London with continued service to Kuwait. The planes are only about 2 years old. Unless you could find something comparable, you should consider this option. The pilots are mostly European and American. After all they do this trip 3 times every week, and nothing happened yet, did it?

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 11:23 AM
xxx

"nothing happened YET..." If there's even a remote chance your pilot is on a suicide mission to take every Westerner down on the plane (like EgyptAir) why even risk it?

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 05:38 AM
amg

So XXX, <BR>is that like having both pilots drunk, like the ones arrested today in Miami, and imagine that, Americans and flying America West planes. I guess we should just stop flying because the 'chance' is there that we will crash, because of terrorists, drunks, etc......

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 11:25 AM
Jane

Two friends of mine flew this airline to Amsterdam and back in March, 2002 (because they got incredibly cheap flights) and it was the worst flying experience they've ever had. <BR><BR>One of them got stuck in the rear of the plane next to the bathrooms, which were not functioning properly and, as a result, smelled horrible. The only thing that made it worse was the flight attendants who would periodically open the doors to spray room freshener. The only thing that accomplished was to release the nasty odors into the plane each time the door was opened.<BR><BR>The other person was seated elsewhere on the same plane so he didn't have to deal with the odors as much but he also didn't get to eat anything because they ran out of food before they got to his row.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 01:02 PM
xxx

Give me two tipsy good old boys over a suicide bomber any day, because your chances are a heck of a lot better when the pilot isn't trying to intentionally bring the plane down.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 04:44 PM
LisaSilber

Am I the only one out there who is afraid of flying internationally with the word AMERICAN splashed across the full plane?