Question about AA DEQM promo.

Jun 23rd, 2009, 11:50 AM
Original Poster

Question about AA DEQM promo.

I recently participated in AA promotion where you earn double elite qualifying miles, I received an email from AA, saying that X, number of miles have been credited to my account, this is about half the miles I should earn. I spoke to AA and I was told that miles haven't be posted yet and that it takes four to six weeks for the miles to be posted. The email states that activity until early June has been creditied. What have fodorites who have participated in this promo received as double EQMs, a part of the miles or have all the double EQMs been credited to their account. I will be travelling soon, since I qulaify for the next elite tier with all the double EQMs correctly credited to my account I'd like this sorted out before I travel. in either case, should I be concerned, or does it gernarally take AA a while to sort out miles for a promo like this? This is the first time I've participated in a promo like this, so I'm not sure how AA processes things.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Jun 23rd, 2009, 12:21 PM
yk

What does your AAdvantage account show? Is it showing the DEQM?

If you cut and paste the latest milage postings from your AA account, it'll be easier for us to figure out if any miles are missing.

But, the DEQM does take 4-6 weeks to post.
Jun 23rd, 2009, 12:25 PM

It's been rather frustrating. AA initially said the double EQM would post in 6-8 weeks following flights, then some people had them post literally hours after flying, then they revised the approach to have people's miles post in batches, then they revised the purported batch dates... etc. Somewhere between SNAFU and FUBAR if you ask me.

I finally had miles from flights I took in mid-April post last week, right on the 8th week to the day. However, if you flew any time in June prior to the cutoff (6/16 I believe) I wouldn't expect to see them post until late July or after. Or before. Inshallah.
Jun 23rd, 2009, 02:05 PM
Original Poster

frustrating indeed, I had added up my flight activity for the flights I have flown during the promo period. I added up the flight in order of flight activity (ie, first flight, second flight, third flight, etc) to see if prehaps AA has just credited me for the first few flights I flew. AA's calculations and mine are way off, in fact after adding up my activity I don't even get a number similar to the number of EQMs that AA has credited me. The DEQMs does not show separately and is lumped in to my EQMs.

What really annoys me is that in the email AA has sent, it is written in such a way that suggests, we've credited your account with X, that's it, thanks for participating in the promototion, there's no mention that I'll be credited with anything else. The email was sent to on June 18.

Here's my ytd info, according to AAbr />
YTD Elite Qualifying Points 18,688
YTD Elite Qualifying Miles 41,458
YTD Elite Qualifying Segments 15

All my flight activity has taken place during the promo period and I purchased my tickets after March 15, 2009. All the flights have been in discounted economy, where I get .50 points for each mile flown. All my flights have been on AA, and not on partner airlines. AA had credited me 12 098 DEQMs, this is included in the ytd EQMs posted above.

After speaking to AA again, the answer I was given is, oh, it should be credited later.

Obviously, I'm not immpressed.

Any comments?
Jun 23rd, 2009, 02:14 PM

From what I can gather the Aadvantage customer service people are getting pretty frustrated with all this; IMO it's a case where the Aadvantage IT people promised more than they could deliver. AFAIK however, nobody's been able to talk their way into getting their new (or renewed) status granted in light of EQMs for flights that haven't yet posted, nor have I heard of anybody who didn't ultimately get the proper credit.

The bulk emails that went out last week were obviously for the batch crediting that was accomplished over the previous weekend (June 12-14). Since the promo expired after that, there will surely be at least one more, and probably more than that, credit batches that will go through.

I think patience is the best policy, and of course be sure to retain all your boarding passes in case it's because of some lost records.
Jun 23rd, 2009, 03:17 PM

Maybe this is the question to ask: Did you take any flights in June between the first of the month and the end of the promotion period? If so, I'd bet that's what you're waiting for, and as I understand it, those will post late July or later, as Gardyloo says. You'll see the regular miles post to your running total, but those bonus elite-qualifying miles will show up later. But anything before June 1 or so, you should already have.

Those are the terms, and everything does calculate out for me. I have an early June flight I took, for which I have the miles, but for which the bonus EQMs will show up later.

AA did a similar promotion last year and the terms were that ALL the bonus miles would show up six to eight weeks after the end of the promotion. They've decided to do it in batches this year. That's made it harder to keep track of.
Jun 23rd, 2009, 03:26 PM

I haven't received my DEQM for my 6/4 and 6/8 flights yet. I received an email on 6/18 stating that DEQM had been added to my account "based on flight activity posted as of June 6, 2009". Since my flight on 6/4 had not posted to my account as of 6/6, I wouldn't have expected them to be included in this round. If that's similar to your situation, I wouldn't be concerned at all.
Jun 24th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for the feedback. I didn't participate in the promo last year, it's good to know that last year AA did credit AAdvantage members correctly. I lost my Platinum status in Feb, 2009. It would be nice to get it back, thanks to this promo I'll get it back much sooner than I'd thought. I'll be patient and wait for the bonus miles to be credited to my account.
Jul 20th, 2009, 01:23 PM

The DEQM from my 6/4 and 6/8 flights have posted.
Jul 21st, 2009, 06:01 AM

All my flights have posted now, as I think everybody's have. If there's still something you think you're missing, give AA AAdvantage a call.
Jul 22nd, 2009, 08:04 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Patty and Jeff_Costa_Rica for the update. I also got the miles posted to my account. Oh, it's nice to be a Platinum member again.