Search

AA awards

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 10:35 AM
Lindsay

AA awards

Hey guys. Question re Mileage redemption.. Have lots of frequent flyer miles racked up and have never redeemed.<BR><BR>1) How does it work if your flight is cancelled or missed, are you able to transfer to another one.<BR><BR>2) Do you get allocated a seat at time of booking or are you relegated to back row!<BR><BR>Any helpful advice would be much appreciated. Looking at using AA miles between Europe and US. Thanks.

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 11:01 AM
AA

To get all the answers go to:<BR>www.flyertalk.com<BR>and lookup American Airlines Forum.<BR>You will find, or you could ask for any and all info you need in regards to AA miles.

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 01:13 PM
DianeG

Having redeemed points for AA flights, I can answer #2. Yes, each time I got my seat assignment when I booked.

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 01:18 PM
Mandy

Be aware that the airlines set aside only a certain number of seats for frequent flyers on each flight; book several months in advance for the best available flights.

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 05:08 PM
ff

If your flight is cancelled, it is not your fault. You can ask AA to make another arrangement for you. If you missed the flight, you can ask AA to put you on the next flight if there is seats available. After all if you don't use fly, you can have them put the miles back into your account for $50 fee.

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 09:11 AM
Lindsay

Many thanks to all the replies. Much appreciated.

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 10:29 AM
dick

Hello Lindsay.<BR><BR>My understanding is you are protected on an award the same as a paid seat.<BR><BR>Seat assignments are amde just as if they are paid.<BR><BR>A suggestion: If you can travel on an inexpensive fare to Europe you can use miles to upgrade (usually to first class on the domestic and to business class on the international portions). This way you'll receive mileage credit and fly in a more comfortable setting. <BR><BR>Have a good trip.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 11:48 AM
Lindsay

Thank you Dick. I will keep this in mind.