Reload this Page >

Quantas or Air New Zealand

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 02:25 PM
LARZ

Would you chose business on Quantas or first class on Air New Zealand? Why?

Old Feb 6th, 2003, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air New Zealand, they have the best cabin service by far of any airline, buck
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 10:56 PM

If you are going to NZ then fly NZ but if you are going to Australia then go Qantas. Qantas business class is lovely and you will probably get the lie down beds, which you do not have on NZ but check with Qantas first as not all flights have these beds yet. <BR>Air NZ is going through $$ difficulties and should be mostly owned by Qantas soon anyway.<BR>If you check out www.qantas.com.au there should be an interactive site to show you the seat/beds
Old Feb 21st, 2003, 06:36 PM

Air New Zealand is better in coach. Qantas is better if you fly business class. I have not flown first class on either airline.
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 09:06 PM

Having done 4 lots of International flights this past year - one of which was with Air NZ Syd - LA and return and the other flights - one was a round the world - on AA, Finair, Qantas, BA, Lan Chile and the other flights were just on Qantas I would put Air NZ at the bottom of the list here and probably on a par with Philippine Airlines. I &amp; 50 others had absolutely no lights, radio, intercom so could not do a thing for the entire 14 hours - Flight crew said that it was a major electrical problem!!! However the problem existed when we first boarded till we got off. No &quot;sorry for the situation&quot; from Air NZ and nothing in compensation either. The aircraft was very aged and so were the crew and the attention was pathetic. No, I would not fly NZ again - especially when they are so cash strapped!
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 08:06 AM

I just got back from an LA-Australia flight in business class on Qantas. Service levels, food and amenities were good (and all but one of the stewards were exceptionally nice and helpful; one was cranky). However, I wasn't very impressed with a) the seats and seating layout; and b) the Qantas &quot;lounge&quot; in LA. The seats were nothing special (nothing approaching a flat bed), and would be a bit cramped if you get the middle seat. Avoid if at all possible the aisle seats at the front of each of the business class cabins on the lower level since there is a lot of &quot;toilet traffic&quot;. It's worse in the second business class cabin because they have a row of toilets in front of you for use by the two cabins (in the first business class cabin, the traffic is from first class - and they don't walk through your cabin). Very disruptive if you're trying to sleep. The lounge in LA was small, jam-packed and loud. I think there are two lounges in LA (one for elite members and first class passengers, the other for anyone else with lounge access). I haven't flown business class on other transpacific routes, but I found that, overall, the quality was poor compared to BA transatlantic business class.