AIR NEW ZEALAND to Australia

Sep 10th, 2002, 02:59 AM
marsha

AIR NEW ZEALAND to Australia

Any first hand knowledge of air new zealand flights to Sydney. How is the service etc.? Ive gone with United and Quantas .Just wondering what it will be like.

Sep 10th, 2002, 03:00 AM
marsha

Forgot to mention flying in Business Class.

Sep 10th, 2002, 08:13 AM
Barb

Marsha: We flew LA to Fiji on Air New Zealand (Business Class) and couldn't say enough about the level of service we received. The Flight Attendants were exceptional and the food was not too bad considering. I'd fly with them again.

Sep 10th, 2002, 10:44 AM
Mike

Air New Zealand service USED to be top notch. I think it's slipped lately given the dire straights they are in financially. I would go with Quantas.

Sep 10th, 2002, 11:06 AM
Debbie

Hi Marsha--
I flew AirNZ in July to/from Sydney. I was in steerage and it was better than I expected. Incidently, United code shares w/ANZ though both my flights were on ANZ aircraft.

Debbie

Sep 10th, 2002, 12:56 PM
marsha

thanks for all your reports. This time I can use United which I have knowledge of or Air New Zealand. but I think I better chose AZ because its not till next year. Im using mileage.

Sep 12th, 2002, 01:07 AM
kathy

Air NZ is not in dire straits as some uninformed person reported. They have just decided to offer budget services (al la Easyjet) domestically and who should follow suit straightaway but Qantas. They are pulling themselves out of the financial mire after Australia sold them a big lemon known as Ansett.

Sep 12th, 2002, 01:40 PM
bull

Kathy, you certainly are full of it today.
Air NZ bought Ansett and proceded to strip it of all its material assets, used its fuel card to pile up $1Million PER DAY for NZ air and brought the company to its knees - then Air NZ would pay its employees their money and still TO THIS DAY has not met its obligations and that is why there is a $10 levy on everyone in Australia to pay for what should have been paid by the NZ government.
Ansett was in financial clover BEFORE NZ bought it.
Air NZ IS IN FINANCIAL TROUBLE AND HAS BEEN PROPPED UP BY GOVERNMENT MONEY