Making Alaska/Horizon connection at SeaTac

May 17th, 2018, 07:43 PM
Original Poster

Making Alaska/Horizon connection at SeaTac

I'm flying into SeaTac this coming Saturday and making a connection to Victoria. My flights are booked through Alaska Airlines but are both operated by Horizon. I知 assuming the Horizon flights are in the same terminal, but I知 not sure and wondered if anyone could answer that. My connection is about 70 minutes, so I知 hoping I値l be close by. Thanks!
May 18th, 2018, 04:53 AM

Try this: https://www.portseattle.org/sea-tac/connecting

Don't know how anyone could answer your question without knowing where you are coming from.
May 18th, 2018, 06:18 AM

Plenty of time. Chances are both the arriving and departing flights will use the "Horizon gates" on the C concourse, so no walking involved at all. There's a slight chance that one flight might use those gates and the other will use a gate at the north satellite, but the connection between them would take 10-15 minutes at most, using the automatic train that connects the main terminal with the two satellites (south and north.) Just glance at the reader board when you disembark for gate assignments. You won't need to go through security.
May 18th, 2018, 06:56 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thursdaysd View Post
Try this: https://www.portseattle.org/sea-tac/connecting

Don't know how anyone could answer your question without knowing where you are coming from.
Good point; coming from Reno. I was just thinking that perhaps all Horizon flights might use same gate areas.
May 18th, 2018, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gardyloo View Post
Plenty of time. Chances are both the arriving and departing flights will use the "Horizon gates" on the C concourse, so no walking involved at all. There's a slight chance that one flight might use those gates and the other will use a gate at the north satellite, but the connection between them would take 10-15 minutes at most, using the automatic train that connects the main terminal with the two satellites (south and north.) Just glance at the reader board when you disembark for gate assignments. You won't need to go through security.
Thank you Gardyloo.
May 18th, 2018, 09:43 AM

One last note in case you're returning from Victoria. YYJ doesn't have a US preclearance station, so arriving Horizon flights (as well as Air Canada et al) use the south satellite, which is where US immigration and customs is located.
May 18th, 2018, 10:34 AM

If you go to www.portseatle.org/sea-tac/flight-status on the airport web page you can enter your flights and see what gates they are at.

For Saturday the 19th it shows Alaska Air Reno flights coming in to either C2 or C16 and departure for Victoria going out of C2B, C2A or C10A.
May 18th, 2018, 10:46 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by suze View Post
If you go to www.portseatle.org/sea-tac/flight-status on the airport web page you can enter your flights and see what gates they are at.

For Saturday the 19th it shows Alaska Air Reno flights coming in to either C2 or C16 and departure for Victoria going out of C2B, C2A or C10A.
Thank you, Suze. I値l probably take the clipper to Seattle at the end of the Victoria visit and stay with friends & family for a few days. Love your city!
May 18th, 2018, 10:49 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gardyloo View Post
One last note in case you're returning from Victoria. YYJ doesn't have a US preclearance station, so arriving Horizon flights (as well as Air Canada et al) use the south satellite, which is where US immigration and customs is located.
That痴 good to know! I actually decided to take the Clipper over to Seattle end of next week and spend the long weekend with friends/family.
May 19th, 2018, 07:15 AM

Sounds like a great trip! The Clipper and Victoria are both a lot of fun, I think. SeaTac's an easy airport. I've used Horizon for here to Eugene or Spokane a few times without issue.

And I do love Seattle (moved here 1980-something "to try it out for a few years" and haven't left yet).

Search this Thread