Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Air Travel
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa vs Air France --Could it be that bad?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2003, 04:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband has a business meeting in Italy in June and I definitely want to tag along on this trip. About two years ago, we flew Air France from L.A. to Italy, and while the food was great and the individual inflight screens made the time fly by, we found the flight attendants and ground personnel to be extremely rude. Sooo, we thought we would try Lufthansa this time as the arrival and departure times work very well for us. HOWEVER, on another website, I learned about www.airlinequality.com/Forum/seats.htm which rates airlines by comments from passengers. While you are reminded that most people only write-in to complain and just let the good stuff go unnoticed, I was rather alarmed about the number of bad comments about Lufthansa. Since I have done very well by Fodor's readers, I would GREATLY appreciate any input ASAP, please!<BR><BR>Many thanks!!
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 05:45 PM

Are you flying coach, business or first? The reason I ask is because LX is fine and you will enjoy the whole experience, but the coach seats are little tight. The food, FAs, GAs, and TAs are some of the best in the industry.
Old Mar 9th, 2003, 09:56 AM

My personal experience with Lufthansa has been extrememly positive.Very professional all around the block.I have not seen the websites/comments you mention.But last summer I was on a flight to Frankfurt seated with 2 LH employees.The FIRST thing they said to me--&quot;Please tell us you are NOT a travelagent.&quot;Their ground personnel come across as rude/uncaring etc etc because the truly have tremendous problems with US travel agents issuing tickets that are incorrect--wrong fare/hidden cities/etc etc.The old adage that if ONE is bad, they all are.Trying to correct the problems caused by US travelagents has apparently embedded some sort of attitide that LH people are rude.But I did not find that or any of my experiences to be unpleasant in any way.
Old Mar 26th, 2003, 05:01 PM

Lufthansa is a great airline...no problems at all, from Dulles to Frankfurt to Bologna...all great. Good luck