Issues with Newark Airport?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2018, 09:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can never get through the Newark airport without having some sort of issue. From delayed and missed flights to lost baggage I feel like I've seen it all going through there. Any tips for getting through this particular airport? (going through in a month or so and I am dreading it already)
Old May 7th, 2018, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air traffic is heavy in and around the NYC area airports so flight delays (both arrivals and departures) are a fairly common occurrence at all three area airports including EWR. Heavy air traffic can happen anytime so there are no surefire "tricks" you can use to avoid them.

If you've had a problem in the past with "missed flights" you can do a few things to lessen that problem by: 1- checking in and printing/downloading your boarding pass online (by doing so you'll avoid long lines at the ticket counter), 2 -arriving at the airport earlier than you've done in the past, 3 - enroll in the Trusted Traveler program to get TSA Pre-Approved status which sometimes helps speed up clearing the security checkpoint, 4 - take only carry-on luggage whenever possible (other than that "Lost Luggage" can happen at any airport and/or on any flight).