Happy UAL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2006, 09:14 AM
ed
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy UAL

We traveled LAX-JFK-LAX. on UAL

The food was good and the FA's couldn't have been better.

We have traveled a lot so we have bases for comparision. :-B
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 05:46 PM

Good to hear that. We flew them last yr. R/T ORD/Seattle and it was OK but B4 that we flew them FRA-ORD and it was terrible. We had flown Lufthansa ORD-FRA-DEL and DEL-FRA, then used UAL FRA-ORD and by comparison the UAL crew were to say the least very unprofessional in demeanor and attire. We felt more like inmates thean passengers. Now that the carrier is past the bankruptcy stage I am sure the morale has to be better.
Old Apr 29th, 2006, 01:04 AM

How about that!

I had a comfortable flight to Nagoya in United Economy Plus recently. I was lucky because a cello occupied the seat in front of me. I could have had the cello's seat, 17A, but I find the bulkhead to be confining.

Was travelling on a free ticket. It wasn't an award ticket for miles. Earned it via the Go Around the World offer of two years ago. The GATW offer gave one point for each segment to/from a WAS airport. It was six or eight roundtrips that earned the points for the international ticket in coach (UA-only, no stopover, no open-jaw).

Anyway, even though it was a free ticket I asked about upgrades even though I wasn't eligible for the waitlist because of the free ticket. On the way out, there were quite a few waitlisted people who didn't make it. On the return I was told at checkin that, unfortunately, they would not be able to upgrade me that day.

I waited in the Star Alliance Gold lounge and headed to the gate just before the schedule start of boarding. As I approached the gate they announced boarding for seating area 1 so, I went right to the gate and put my bp into the slot at the gate. The bp stub didn't appear and when I heard the beep I knew something good had happened. They gave me a different bp for a window seat in business class. On a free ticket.
Old Apr 29th, 2006, 08:26 AM
emd

some guys have all the luck.
Old Apr 29th, 2006, 12:21 PM

Lucky you with the op-up on a free ticket! I think I've had three op-ups in 10 years of UA elite status, and it's been awhile... But I'm happy, too -- with the 55,000 redeemable miles I earned in March on 12,465 EQMs. One more ticket to Europe!
Old Apr 29th, 2006, 04:13 PM

Many March Madness miles, ms-go, 'mazing!

Nagoya is now my default airport for flying to Japan. Am 3 for 4 on op-ups to/from that airport.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 11:07 AM

I would say something but I am afraid I might get slapped so my lips are sealed ....