CDG Transfer guidance

Jul 21st, 2008, 06:11 PM
Original Poster

CDG Transfer guidance

Hi all,

I'll be arriving into CDG from Boston in September (arriving in terminal 2e Air France), have a 4 hr layover, and then travel from 2F (Air France) to Bucuresti/OTP.

I've read some conflicting info as to whether or not I can walk (via the people mover) between terminals 2e and 2f; or if I'll have to use the confusing shuttle system since I'll be a non-schengen flight from CDG to OTP (after coming in on the Intl BOS to CDG flight).. can anyone shed some clear answers on this for me?

Also, do I need some sort of schengen visa - or is that only applicable should I wish to visit Paris? -- which I most likely not do having heard the horror stories of CDG terminal transfers.

Any help is much appreciated!! cheers,
Jul 22nd, 2008, 06:59 AM

There are 2 parts to 2E. Gates E21-47 are in the main terminal area of 2E. Gates E51-76 are in the S3 satellite building. It's hard to say in advance where you'll arrive.

If you arrive at S3, the building is connected by a corridor to 2F and you would only need to clear security at 2F. Your OTP flight will depart from the non-Schengen peninsula of 2F (gates F41-56). There's also a dedicated shuttle between S3 and 2F but it's easy to walk.

If you arrive at main 2E, you can take the airside shuttle to 2F. The shuttle runs clockwise so 2F is the furthest stop. You'll need to clear security at 2F. With 4 hours, you have plenty of time. If you want to walk, you'll need to clear passport control at 2E to enter Schengen and clear passport control at 2F to exit Schengen (plus security).

What's your nationality? I don't believe you'd need a Schengen visa if you stayed airside as you wouldn't pass through any passport control point but I could be mistaken.
Jul 22nd, 2008, 07:00 AM

You can also find a helpful map and transfer options on this site http://correspondances-aeroports.air....fr/_index.php
Jul 22nd, 2008, 07:13 AM

Just to be clear, from S3 to 2F, both the corridor and dedicated shuttle are airside.
Jul 22nd, 2008, 09:18 AM
Original Poster

wow, thanks Patty for all the helpful information. I'm from the US and I think, staying within the "international zone" at CDG, I should be fine without a visa. Thanks again and pse do share if you find any more updated info between now and Sept. cheers,
Jul 22nd, 2008, 09:40 AM

If you hold a US passport, you don't need a Schengen visa anyway. Feel free to go through passport control as many times as you want during your 4 hours
Jul 24th, 2008, 05:31 AM
Original Poster

hey Patty
any chance I would have enough time to sneak into Paris just to do the basic 2 hour tour? or is time too short for that..
Jul 24th, 2008, 05:53 AM

No way is 4 hours enough to get into Paris and back in time to catch your next flight. Well, you might make it in and back, but you wouldn't have enough time in the city to make it at all worth the hassle and risk.
Jul 24th, 2008, 06:54 AM

Agree with travelgourmet.
Jul 24th, 2008, 10:49 AM

that wouldn't be enough time. like most airports, cdg is some miles outside of the city. i've made the trip in just under an hour, no traffic. lines at the airport will take up your 4 hours quick enough. cdg has plenty of places to shop and relax however during this time.