CDG airport transfer 2d to 2e

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2007, 04:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I will arrive on AF from Lisbon at terminal 2d and transfer to DL in terminal 2e with 1hr, 20 min connection. I've transferred at CDG a few years ago and know it can take time. Can someone tell me the fastest way to get from 2d to 2e? I have read that it is quicker to walk; and also will we have to clear security/passport control at 2d? I've also read that it is faster not to follow the transfer signs but to actually enter France and then head to 2e. Any help appreciated.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 04:52 AM

A useful site for maps and info....

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/Adp/en-GB/Passagers/
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 06:02 AM

There is no passport control between Portugal and France. Both are in Schengen, so your first flight is like a domestic.

You will go through immigration to exit Schengen at 2E, as well as security.

Best way is to walk. Unless you're greeted with a AF meeter when you get off the plane from LIS (often if that flight comes in late). In that case, they'll shuttle you over.
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 01:14 PM

You'll definitely go through passport control and security. You will also have to take a shuttle from the main part of 2E to the remote boarding area (E80s gates) where DL flights depart. The shuttle ride is supposed to take approx 15 minutes. If you look at a map of CDG, you'll see that these gates are actually nowhere near 2E.

Unless they have a shuttle at 2D taking you directly to the remote boarding area of 2E (bypassing the main area), but I haven't heard of one directly from 2D, only 2F. I've also never heard of a greeter meeting the aircraft for an AF-DL connection, only AF-AF connections. But this is CDG where anything can happen

Good luck!
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 04:12 PM

I just read on Flyertalk that recently DL flights have also been departing from the main part of 2E (E70s gates) but the allocation is random, so you might have to shuttle out to the remote boarding area, or not. Part of the fun of CDG
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 05:19 PM

The DL/AF codeshare flights have all been the miserable shuttles to and from the terminal out to the middle of nowhere to board and de-board for several years now.

When there in Feb. I asked when..if ever..Delta was going to pull up to a terminal!! I was told that a building across from the shuttle area, where I was at the time, was being converted, or something, and that was the terminal where DL would be this summer...I will next be there in Oct..maybe, only maybe, they will actually arrive at a terminal..I won't count on it though..it is CDG!!!
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 05:27 PM

Well, I just did this on Monday, but I came from 2F to 2E-and as I stated on another post, there is nothing to buy in Terminal 2E other than perfume, cigarettes and liquor, so if you have the time, do your duty-free shopping in 2F. However, that's not your issue. Yes, you will have to go through passport control, and I walked from 2F to 2E, and you will also have to go through security again. However, it did not take me long at all, possibly because I went through in the middle of the afternoon, when there was hardly anyone there, between 2 and 3pm. But you will have to do both-passport control and security, and security is very strict for the US bound flights, so it could take awhile, depending on what time of day you go through. Make sure and have all your liquids ready to show the guy, before you go through security.