Booking One-Way Fares

Jan 2nd, 2009, 07:34 PM
Original Poster

Booking One-Way Fares

Its' driving me batty.. trying to book a one way fare with only one stop from Boston ending up in Rome.. The prices are sky high..and from Ft. Lauderdale back to Boston STRAIGHT.. The cruise is in November..should I wait until they possibly come down in a few months or start shopping now.. I wouldn't mind recommendations for consolidators...Should we do it ourselves or try to find a travel agent who is knowledgeable...
Jan 2nd, 2009, 07:58 PM

Many airlines never release cheap one-way trans-Atlantic fares. But one that does is Aer Lingus (EI).

On many November dates, one-way BOS-DUB is $221.77 all in.

From DUB to Rome, Aer Lingus is only selling fares till 10/24/09, so you can wait a few days to check again; also see if you can book BOS-DUB-FCO on the same ticket.

Or you can fly Ryanair DUB-CIA.

Right now, EI's cheapest fare in 10/09 is about 93€, while Ryanair is about 63€.

So, total, you don't have to spend more than $350 to get to Rome.

---

For FLL-BOS, Delta (DL), Jetblue (B6) and Spirit (NK) currently flies those non-stop, though NK is only at 7am. Jetblue is only releasing fares till 9/8, and around those dates, lowest non-stop fare is about $150. Spirit is about $10 cheaper. Delta may or may not have one-way fare matching those.

---

Anyways, it looks like you don't need to spend more than $500.

---
Jan 2nd, 2009, 08:42 PM

You can try Air Berlin.
I can see flights only till Oct 26th - JFK to Vienna is about 280 Euro and Vienna to Rome is 54 Euro (with taxes).
That's about 334 Euro = $ 467 - not bad!
Jan 3rd, 2009, 04:35 AM
Original Poster

thanks for the hint about Aer Lingus... flew them last year and absolutely loved the people..will now wait..
Jan 3rd, 2009, 10:14 AM
Original Poster

Checked with Aer Lingus..they have a flight for under $216.00 to Dublin, but won't post the air to Rome until the end of the month.. Signed up for their e-mails..
Jan 3rd, 2009, 09:07 PM

That certainly sounds like your answer - a very good price indeed.