Search

BA Club World

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA Club World

Hi, We are going to be traveling DEN to LHR in Club World on a 777-200. Can anyone please tell me if the footrest is still a separate item or is connected to the recline button on the seat? When we traveled before it was difficult to put the footrest up to get out if you were sitting by the window or in the middle seats. This was before BA updated their seats.
We have also had problems with noise from crew stomping through the cabin. Where would you recommend for a quiet easy exit seat? Thanks
Old Sep 19th, 2011, 01:34 PM

Try seat guru that site can give you details on best seats etc.
Old Sep 19th, 2011, 06:11 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...lub-world.html
Old Sep 19th, 2011, 07:03 PM

The seat goes flat and meets up with the 'footrest' portion to create a flat bed. The seat and footrest aren't connected, by a button or anything else. The easiest for getting out are the aisle seats. With many of the window/center seats, you have to clamber over the legs of the person in the seat behind the seat next to you in order to get out.

Exceptions to this are the last row in each of the Club cabins (Club is usually separated into two cabins on the 777-200), where it is possible to slip out to the aisle through the space behind the neighboring seat without clambering over anyone.

Good window seats are 11A&K, both very private. Seats in the second cabin are usually quieter. I've never noticed noise from crew stomping, but I wear the earplugs and take half an Ambien.
Old Sep 19th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Original Poster

I have looked at seat guru and found it helpful for general layout. On previous trips we have always sat in the second cabin.
We have two forward facing seats across the aisle from each other. This has worked well for getting up for the bathroom but does not tend to be very quiet. My husband has disabilities which make it difficult for him to undertake any task. So I think we may be better staying with what we know. At least with an aisle seat it it is easy enough to swing your legs over the side without putting the foot rest up. Thanks for you help.
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 04:49 AM

airlinequality.com for

BA info reviews have done 4 RT FF flights with them in the

last 2 years not a big fan due to bogus "fuel" surcharges

and big charges for seats both of which others do not do.

seatguru.com for best seats

Exits not wise usually to trafficed and not possible

for anyone with disability... windows away from bathrooms

and exits for me...