Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Air Travel
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever book easyjet over the web from the USA?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2002, 01:06 PM
Randy

How does that work?

Old May 19th, 2002, 04:02 PM
Andy

I use them at least twice a year. It's a great cheap airline. They don't assign seats(first come/first serve)no, I don't mean that you will be left behind if you show up late, it's just the choice of seats. It's one class, mostly brand new boeing planes. Great to get around Europe. No food/but on a 1 hour or longer flights they will sell drinks/coffee/tea/snacks,etc....<BR>When you purchae the ticket you will get an e-mail confirming your flight, but all you need to do is show up with an id and they will have your reservation on their computer system.

Old May 20th, 2002, 08:01 AM
Andy

Few more things:<BR>The earlier you book, the cheaper your ticket. I believe you could book up to 5 months ahead.<BR>Check-in opens 2 hours prior to the flight and CLOSES 1/2 hour prior - no exceptions, if you're not checked in they will refuse carriage.<BR>Lookup the luggage allowance on their website as they are smoewhat strict about it. You will have to pay if it's over the allowance.<BR>Hope this helps you. They are a great, clean, mostly on time, inexpensive airline.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 06:43 AM
David

There is a big price war starting in Europe check out www.britishairways.com and you can often find cheaper fares than easyjet.<BR>

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 08:00 PM
pete

I booked on easyjet online from U.S. It was very easy, just like Southwest, or any other US airline that issues e-tickets. Take the email with you that confirms your purchase, and when you get to the airport, they'll have you in the system. It's a lot like Southwest airlines, no food or drink (I think you can buy it on board though), and seating is first come, first served. I saved a lot of money flying easyjet over regular airlines, and would definitely fly them again.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 05:52 AM
David

Don't forget Ryanair www.ryanair.com or Go www.go-fly.com or Virgin Express www.virgin-express.com or buzz www.buzzaway.com or Ciaofly www.ciaofly.com