Airport Lounges - Priority Pass

Jun 20th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Original Poster

Airport Lounges - Priority Pass

We were thinking about purchasing the Priority Pass for our travels, especially in LHR with our 4hr layover and our return trip to the US. We figure it is cheeper than paying for meals, etc. Has anyone experienced this company? I have searched their website and it looks good so far.

SD
Jun 20th, 2008, 02:00 PM

You need to pay an annual fee to be a member ($99), and then there's a cost for each visit ($27 per person). I doubt that's cheaper than paying for meals outside.

There are ways to get around the annual fee, like getting the Sak's Fifth Avenue credit card. But the per visit charge is still there.
Jun 20th, 2008, 02:40 PM

My corporate credit card gets me into certain lounges for free - - especially in Europe. Do any of your existing credit cards have benefits?
Jun 29th, 2008, 05:24 PM

I just got the Saks card. Can I bring a friend with me and we just pay the fee times 2?
Jun 30th, 2008, 06:14 AM

You pay the fee x 2. I don't have that card, but what it gives you is free Priority Pass membership. I am not sure if just your Saks card will get you in, or if you need to show a PP card too.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:58 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for the info - we were thinking about buying the AA one day pass for two $75 for Heathrow, how are the AA lounges for food? Now that I think about it we are arriving at LHR via IB Bus class just before dinner. Staying the night at a hotel then departing AA first class to DFW the next AM. Will we be able to use the IB lounge for our evening meal? Am I overthinking this??

SD
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:34 AM
yk

Thank you all for the info - we were thinking about buying the AA one day pass for two $75 for Heathrow, how are the AA lounges for food? Now that I think about it we are arriving at LHR via IB Bus class just before dinner. Staying the night at a hotel then departing AA first class to DFW the next AM. Will we be able to use the IB lounge for our evening meal? Am I overthinking this??

I'm confused by your itin/question.

Most of the airport lounges, at LHR, are in the departure area. When you fly INTO LHR, you'll be in the arrival area and won't have access to the departure lounges (one exception is the AA's arrival lounge but that's not relevant to you).

Are you asking about the AA one-day pass for your next day's flight, LHR-DFW? If you're flying first, you will be allowed to use the AA Flagship lounge at LHR, and then any AA lounge at DFW (if you're connecting there for another flight).
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:35 AM
yk

I meant to elaborate on my second paragraph.

If you're flyign FIRST LHR-DFW, you automatically can enter the Flagship Lounge at LHR. No need to purchase a one-day pass.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 12:16 PM

Not only the Flagship Lounge, but the JL and CX First Class Lounges. My personal favorite is Japan Airlines, just down the hall from AA lounges. The CX Lounge is nice also but it is a long walk to AA gates. AA FL and AC Lounges are the worst of the three.

Don't expect a full meal at any of the lounges, but they do offer finger type foods and free booze. I'm just not sure what time the JL Lounge opens in the morning.

and yk is correct. The lounges are in the departure area. You will not have access upon landing in LHR.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

Thanks again for your help - now I understand - so the lounge pass with with AA or Priorty Pass will do us no good upon our arrival off a IB flight at LHR? I didn't quite understand that when reading the AA website.

SD
Jul 3rd, 2008, 01:51 PM

At airports such as AMS where arriving and departing passengers mix, you'd theoretically be able to use any departure lounge as an arrival lounge. This is not the case at airports where arriving and departing passengers don't mix. Often at such airports there will be both departure and arrival lounges. However it doesn't look like PP allows access to any arrival lounges at LHR.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:27 PM

Patty,

at LHR, it's a security directive. The arriving and departing passengers do mix, but the lounge "dragons" are not allowed to let you in unless you have a boarding pass. Not sure about AMS.
Jul 4th, 2008, 09:32 AM

Thanks, AAFF. I haven't been through LHR in a while and couldn't remember the exact setup. At AMS I don't believe there are any regulations requiring passengers to have a departure boarding pass to access a lounge, but individual lounges may have their own policies.
Jun 13th, 2011, 11:52 AM

Priority PAss is worthless. You can't use it anywhere. Thge annual fee plus the per use fees do not make it a value. You can purchase day passes at most clubs - for $50. Therefore, you would need to use Priority Pass 4 times without a guest to make it valuable. And at 6 times, you could easily just purchase an annual pass at the club. So, it is a value if you need entry to 4-6 visits per year at clubs they happen to honor. Otherwise, it is a waste. Because of this, many clubs are dropping them - so the number of places it can be used is being reduced.

Search this Thread