Search

Air Jamaica

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Jamaica

Anyone ever flown this airline? I'm looking to go to Jamaica and each time I perform a flight search, of course Air Jamaica is first to pop up and is the cheapest to choose from!
Old Jun 27th, 2006, 10:03 AM

I fly it all the time out of Jamaica...because it usually is the cheapest. If you do a search on the Caribbean board you'll see mixed reviews.
I personally don't have a problem with the airline.
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 02:54 PM

I have never had any negative issues flying Air Jamaica. However, they are often not included in the least expensive flights to/from my hometown to Jamaica. Wouldn't bother me if they were though.
Old Jun 30th, 2006, 05:42 AM

We flew on Air Jamaica from JFK to Grenada and had some problems. The flight down was delayed for an hour because the crew showed up an hour late. Flight back was delayed 2 hours, not sure what the cause was, might be weather related. Due to weight restriction they had to leave quite a few pieces of luggage behind, ours was one of them. We came home on Sat 6/24, I just received our luggage this morning 6/30. This is not the bad part ....

The bad part is the lock on our luggage is gone. I'll give them the benefit of doubt and say customs needed to open it for security purposes. However, a couple of gifts and souvenirs we purchased have been stolen. The total dollar value is less than $100, but it's still not right. I'm going to contact them today and see if I need to file a report or something.

In summary, if you decide to fly with Air Jamaica, pack light, expect delays, and don't leave anything of value in your check-in.
Old Jun 30th, 2006, 07:55 AM

Loopy,
<i>The bad part is the lock on our luggage is gone </i>

Unfortunately removing locks on luggage is not an Air Jamaica only thing.

Everytime I travel AA to the States my locks are removed so...I just stopped putting locks on my suitcase. I try not to pack anything valuable in there and if I do...then I say a prayer!

I even had to go in search of a pliers while in Italy because *whoever* had tried to remove my locks, were not successful and so just broke the zipper-pull of my luggage.

Similar experience on BA to London last Christmas. Lock broken, zipper pull broken (???) two rumcakes stolen fom my luggage on that flight. Rumcakes!!! I'm still reeling. I don't know whether they were stolen here in Jamaica or in England.

Hazards of travel I suspect.

But I agree about the delays on Air Jamaica. I'll travel Air Jamaica to Miami...hoping that they'll delay their flight so that I can get to the airport late!