Search

Air India

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15th, 2000, 09:37 AM
Elizabeth

Air India

I've just booked a flight to New York in February and staying in a hotel off Broadway. I've been told that I'll travel with Air India but there's not a lot of info on the airline. Has anyone travelled with Air India? and can you tell me your experience? Good/Bad/B.Awful? <BR>Thanks <BR>Betty

Old Nov 16th, 2000, 07:03 PM
Kathy

Hi Betty....In September of '99 a friend and I flew with Air India, Chicago to London. It was fine, good service, good food and drink. We were a bit apprehensive prior to the flight, so one day we drove to O'Hare in Chicago to check out an incoming flight; everyone got off smiling, the crew was very nice looking, especially the female flight attendants in their traditional dress.

Old Jan 23rd, 2001, 07:28 PM
Guggi

I travelled with Air India in July of 1998 from Manchester to Delhi. The service was atrocious. I was made to sit in a wet seat. Not to mention that we blew an engine on take-off, our flight was cancelled, and received the run around for 24hrs until we were able to get a new flight home. I was told that they are no longer able to fly into Pearson Air't in Toronto due to their poor customer service. The only positive thing I can say is that the food is wonderful.

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 06:43 PM
John

A few years ago Air India had problems with rats on board the airplanes. Riding space available, I presume.

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 08:08 AM
Pat

I flew air india a few years ago. The service wasn`t very good, and the plane was very tight. I ordered a drink and knew when I ordered it that I would never get it. (and I didn`t) But we made it just fine. The smart people had the Indian food, and they had the best food on the plane. Coming home, they had overbooked the plane. People that had paid for first class ended up in economy, while some people who paid for economy seats ended up in first class. Air India didn`t seem to know what they were doing. The flight times were changed, and we all missed our connecting flights in New York, even though Air India had known about the changes 2 weeks in advance.

Old Feb 22nd, 2001, 08:59 PM
PS Local

Hi Elizabeth: <BR> <BR>I always check to see what an airline's safety record is before I book. A good site is www.airsafe.com. Haven't ever traveled on AI. Hope it checks out ok.

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 01:07 AM
c

Hi <BR> <BR>I travelled only once on air india about 10 years ago(once is enough) and I think thats how my fear of flying has increased!! <BR> <BR>we got to the airport to be delayed for 24 hours because an engine had blown, when we finally got on the plane the air crew were rude to us, I politely ask for some duty free when they came round, but never recieved it, the movie had subtitles, and all the emergency annoucement (which are quite important) were not in given english as well. <BR> <BR>on landing the smell of smoke and fumes driffed through the cabin that was scarey <BR> <BR>Its a cheap way of getting to america I'd rather pay more and go with Virgin <BR> <BR>c

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 07:07 AM
indian

hi, <BR> <BR>air india is beautiful...and fore all those people who demean it...damn them.

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 05:48 AM
ha

I don't think so Its was a terrible flight and they are so rude. <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 06:21 AM
bob

I recently travelled Air India on the Heathrow-JFK route (cost 289 uk pounds) and have no complaints. The plane was an old 747 but it was clean and the food was very good. There isn't much in the way of in-flight entertainment (or safety briefing!) as its very difficult to see the movie screen unless you're right in front of it.<BR><BR>One thing i would point out - on arrival at JFK i have never seen so much luggage come off a plane in all my life. We waited over an hour for our case and it was still coming off when we left! I'm surpirse we managed to take off.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 11:15 AM
xxx

Yikes!