Aerovega--Oaxaca to Puerto Escondido

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone ever flown on Aerovega from Oaxaca to Puerto Escondido? I have been trying to email and I've been calling the telephone numbers on their website to no avail. It seems that Aerotucan is out of service and I am trying to avoid the harrowing bus ride.
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 01:20 PM

Have you tried calling Aero-Tucan in Mexico, 951-502-0840, 41, or 42. Or email at [email protected]. Was just there in February. Had a problem with a reservation I had made through Zapotel and I contacted them directly. Could not reach them over the net. Other passengers complained of the same problem. Good luck, the plane ride was a pleasure. Heard the drive was horrendous.
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 10:38 AM

AeroTucan is out of business, their website says so.

I've been wanting to do the same thing, and it is getting very difficult if you don't want the drive, which I don't (and I've spoken to some who took it and they did not recommend it for several reasons). I'm not comfortable with these planes that aren't a regular company and only have a few seats, hard to plan a vacation around that. I'm not that comfortable flying in planes like that for safety reasons, and don't want to assume their will be a seat on the exact date and time I want. I am sort of thinking I have to drop the whole Puerto Escondido idea at this point, it's getting to be too much trouble and taking up too much time. I mean the flight through MEX takes about all day due to layovers. I can't really fly home from PE very well, anyway, I've found out due to flight schedules, either, it would mean I'd have to stay in MEX overnight just because of that.

I would have thought OAX was better served by airlines by now. Continental doesn't even have a nonstop flight there anymore except on Saturday, I think (from Houston).
Old May 27th, 2009, 04:18 PM

Did anyone suceed in contacting aereovega? Or find a way to fly Oaxaca to Huatulco-Puerto Escondido?
Old May 28th, 2009, 10:28 AM

not me, I sort of cancelled that trip due to swine flu as I was going to be in Mexico City. But finally, I decided if I wanted to go to a beach, it was a lot easier for me just to fly to Cancun, actually, on the way home. I was going to to do that go down to Puerto Moreles for a couple days. I can fly home nonstop from Cancun, so it made it easier as there are nonstop flights to Cancun from Mexico City and better schedules than to PE.

I just don't have that much vacation time, if I had all the time in the world, I would have been more willing to waste a day or two just getting to/from PE.