Search

AerLingus exit row

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AerLingus exit row

Hello,
Has anyone flown a transatlantic flight on AerLingus with an upgrade to the exit row? Just wondering if the seats are comfortable and if there is an issue with people hanging out in front of the seats to use the lavatories. Thank you!
Old Oct 27th, 2017, 06:55 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Aer Lingas exit rows are just like every other airlines exit rows. The seats will be the same as elsewhere in the cabin. Whether people 'hang out' near the loos is unknowable - it depends on how many need to go at the same time Many airlines do discourage that BTW and I really haven't seen lots of people milling around the lavs on many flights in several years.

One issue with exit rows is there is no under seat storage for personal items/carry ons so <u>everything</u> must be stowed in the overhead for substantial time at the beginning and end of the flight (Until the seat belt signs are turned off)
Old Oct 28th, 2017, 10:25 AM

General comments as I've never flown EI: although I prefer exit row seats for the extra foot room, they often are narrower, due to tray tables being in the armrests. Window seats often have no arm rest on the window side, but sometimes a stubby rest attached to the fuselage wall. Some people report them, on some airlines, as being colder because of the exit structure and also having less padding in the seat. YMMV
Old Oct 29th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Original Poster

Thank you! Very helpful!
Old Nov 9th, 2017, 12:53 PM

I'm always surprised that people actually want exit row seats as I consider them undesirable in so many ways. First, you don't have the same configuration of tray table, and video screen for long distance flights. Second, that's where the screaming babies usually are in the middle and also they are often right next to the bathrooms. I don't know why people want these seats, you can get more leg room easily by buying economy plus or whatever and it seems usually those rows are in that category on my flights, anyway. And yes, I can imagine they can be colder as I've been in the first row on a smaller plane and it was colder.