Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

TTT: Which cruise boat is recommend for Luxor to Aswan?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I am planning a trip to Egypt this December. It is my first trip to this exotic country! Unfortunately, I have a limited budget. My question is this. Which cruise boat is the least expensive one to take between Luxor to Aswan. Please provide me with a list of names so I can shop around on the internet. Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response…MAR32
Old Nov 15th, 2008, 05:33 AM

ummm, you get what you paid for. I did not look at anything under 5 stars, so I don't know if I can help you.

Also, no need to post twice...
Old Nov 15th, 2008, 06:02 AM

MAR32 -

You do not have to repost your question. Just click on your name and your threads will appear in the left column. You currently have 3/treads asking the same question.

As to your query, I answered your initial question. The boats run in both directions - Luxor/Aswan and Aswan/Luxor, depending on the boat and day of week. They should all stop at the same sights whether cruising north or south.

There are many many boats that cruise the Nile; some of the well-known names are Oberoi, Movenpick and Sonesta, all have boats at different prices. No one can name all of the boats, nor their owners. And, each year new boats are brought online, some having been refurbished.

Least expensive would not be the way I'd go. Service and food might be a problem, cabins small, etc.

Which boat/s are being offered? How many days/nights? Maybe others have cruised on some of these and can comment.
Old Nov 16th, 2008, 08:05 AM

For sandi, so one question, what can you comment on the age of the people on these cruises? Are these kinda Spring break or a more of a mature crowd? How about getting there and out, fly Cairo to Aswan and then Luxor to Cairo?
Old Nov 16th, 2008, 11:33 AM

Gatis -

We flew from Cairo to Abu Simbel, spent the morning. Then flight to Aswan arriving about 12N, where we boarded our Nile cruise boat for next few days with temple sights on way to Luxor. After a day in Luxor flight to Cairo.

Ages varied. There were a few small groups, one with about 20/people, another with maybe 8, the remainder, best I recall were individual couples, friends, families (even a few young children). Maybe 60/people, total.