Suggestions please for honeymoon in Botswana

Old May 31st, 2004, 09:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suggestions please for honeymoon in Botswana

Hello,

My fiance and would really like to spend our honeymoon in Africa, incuding 4-5 days on safari in Botswana (although open to other ideas), and about 7-10 days on a beach somewhere.

We will be getting married on 2nd July 2005 and arew keen to honeymoon immediately afterwards.

Neither of us has ever been to Africa,which is one of the reasons we are so keen to go there for our honeymoon and experience it together for the first time. We are just starting to research and have used Fodors for advice sucessfully many times before, although never the forums.

We have a budget of about US$8000, inclusive, and will be traveling from London, UK.

Any comments and advice will be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you!
Old May 31st, 2004, 11:23 AM

I just had an exceptionally fine exper ience with a ccafrica safari "special offer" that took us to 3 different camps over 6 nights. With only 4-5 days you might want to go with a half water/half land based camp like Sandibe. You might check their website and write for some suggestions. As you will be traveling in the "winter" (only 80F in the daytime) you may be able to get a special deal or negotiate a better than posted price. We were really stunned by the adventures we had, and the very comfortable and romantic accomodations. A Brazilian couple we met was headed to the Seychelles after their safari. Sounds like a lovely option. As Roccco isn't here, I would also suggest you check out the www.luxurylink.com travel auction site. You may find a fine bargain on a safari there, too. Have fun with planning your honeymoon.
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 04:07 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! We seem to be about a week into the expensive season which is infuriating! Do you think it's doable with our budget?
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 04:40 PM
Original Poster

Wow! Just been to ccafrica and all their holidays look amazing. I am so excited now and feel we are making the right choice with regards to destination. There are so many choices! Also the prices seem very reasonable, I suppose having a stri=ong UK pound at the moment is definitely an advantage, which is why I'd like to book as soon as possible!
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 12:28 AM

4pudding, we're off to Botswana in 2 days having booked with CCAfrica so I'll be able to report back on them in a couple of weeks - good reports so far from some recent travellers.

You may also want to try Pulse Africa (web site is www.africansafari.co.za) they booked a great holiday for us last year combining safari and beach in Tanzania.

The best advice is to have a rough idea of what you want and then contact three operators to see what they can come up with. That way you get some ideas and a better view of the costs.
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:22 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, looking forward to hearing how your holiday goes.