Photos from S.A,, Botswana, Zambia

Dec 31st, 2005, 01:51 PM
Original Poster

Photos from S.A,, Botswana, Zambia

I'm not sure this will work - it's my first time creating a website. But I thought I'd try sharing some photos with you all. These are from my May trip to Africa. Some of you may remember my rather controversial thread about my master's degree program and the trip we were planning that took in South Africa, Botswana, and a very brief stop in Zambia to see Vic Falls. I haven't figured out if others will be able to get to this site, but give it a try and let me know!

http://kbutler1122.multiply.com/photos/album/3
Dec 31st, 2005, 02:20 PM

I do remember the planning process and your website worked fine. Had not heard of Mulitply before, but it appears to be free when I clicked the Join button. Very nice picture presentation.

On to your pictures--what a wonderful combination of people and animals. Some beautiful children shots. You have several great photos along the river with canoes, sunsets, eles, and a hippo reflection.

How lucky to see the rare white rhino! I like the 2 implala, not an easy shot to get despite the fact that impala are everywhere.

The variety of geography you covered was evident with bird shots of marabou storks and penguins.

Hope the educational aspects of the trip went well and that you had a good time too.
Dec 31st, 2005, 03:35 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, atravelynn! It was, indeed, a wonderful trip. I posted a trip report back in June, I'm guessing. We saw a lot and had so many amazing experiences - and yes, it was tiring. I'm delighted that you enjoyed my pictures. Yes, I think I got as many good people shots as animal photos! The close-up of the boy in the AIDS clinic is among my favorites. And yes, those impalas were amazing - we just happened to catch them about 15 feet from our jeep, and they just stood and stared at us. What a treat it was. And the rhinos - I couldn't believe we got to see them. That was in a small park in Zambia near Victoria Falls. The elephants and birds and hippo were in Chobe, Botswana. Most of the people shots were taken in a Zambian village. Thanks again! Hope others will enjoy them - glad to hear the site is accessible.
Dec 31st, 2005, 03:53 PM

Great pictures! It's nice to see photos of people, the girl in the blue sweater is so cute! Other than the drive through Mfuwe and Lusaka, I don't think we saw any people other than the camp staff and other safari goers. Hopefully the trip in March will include a trip to a Zambian village. Thanks for sharing your pictures!
Dennis
Jan 1st, 2006, 07:46 AM

What wonderful,clear and well done shots. I especially loved seeing how you captured how the real people live.

Thanks for sharing:
Sherry
Jan 1st, 2006, 02:58 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Shery. I had actually thought it would be the animal pictures I liked the best, but now that I've been home for awhile, it's the people shots that I tend to look at more. A telephoto is just as important for people pictures as animal pictures - people are so much more natural - even if they see you taking their picture - when you're not right on top of them. And the village we went to in Zambia was fascinating.
Jan 2nd, 2006, 02:56 AM

Thanks for sharing... I do like the people ones too.
Jan 3rd, 2006, 08:29 AM

Great photos! Love the Rhinos and all the rest, too--you seem to be especially skilled at capturing all the vivid colors.

Search this Thread