Old Oct 7th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Botswana/Zimbabwe pictures

tinyurl.com/3lg27k

Here's my pictures - hope you enjoy!
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 10:52 AM

Beautiful pictures! Love the people shots, the meerkat, the dogs, everything, and seeing pics of Somalisa brought back many happy memories!
Thanks for posting!
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 11:03 AM

Wonderful! =D>
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 11:08 AM

Goodness, I'm so envious of that pangolin I couldn't concentrate on the rest, all good tho!
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Original Poster

Dennis - I've got lots more pictures of Somilisa if you need a fix. LOL
Sophia delivered some goodies for me to the kids recently and is supposed to send more photos.

Patty - thank you

Kavey - Glad you like the pangolin - I'm still getting over it being our first sighting. He was healthy and calm.. meant to be.
As for the photos, I thought of you every time I came across a blurred photo - tried some new tricks that didn't work.

Old Oct 7th, 2008, 09:42 PM

Great pictures, Sherry, the one of the leopard in front of the leaves was incredible! That one needs to be on my wall beside Kavey's Tomboy!
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 10:41 PM

Great photos! Thanks for sharing.
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Original Poster

Thank you.

Lynda,
The picture's yours if your serious. I'd be honored to be in your hallway gallery next to anything that Kavey's done.
E- me and we'll figure something out.

If it's the picture I'm thinking of, it may also be one that I may want to try to do a painting of.
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 06:48 AM

Great photos-love the people shots as much as the wildlife!
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 05:59 PM

Of course you would start off with the pangolin shots! Followed by an almost equally impressive sunset. You had lots of those and lots of superb leopard shots dispersed throughtout the slideshow. Great shots of children. There was one lion shot that could be intimidating so I take back some of my criticism of the lion scaredy cat at Vumbura. PB did deliver on the meerkat.

For the 2 male kudu, were you in a canoe. It seems you are looking up.

Wonderful collection and it seems just recently the trip was in the planning stages of its many revisions.
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love the (soulful?) pangolin eyes, the dog duo, the mongeese on the branch, my bed airlifted to your tent at Somalisa, snake bird, lions with Cape buffalo, Krazy-Eyed Killa (lion) and the adorable kids. And the other kids too.

Thanks for posting these.
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 06:34 PM

I see Newman was your guide. He is a fantastic guide and a wonderful man. I'll bet you enjoyed him.
Chuck
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 07:23 PM

I really liked the Leopard shots, especially the one where the animal is practically walking into the camera, and the shot looking up at the Leopard in the leaves...
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 09:38 PM

Wonderful photos, thankyou for sharing!! Really makes me want to be there now! I miss the tub at Selinda in the cold weather!
Suzi
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 09:41 PM

Fantastic variety Sherry, diverse like the trip. For me nothing beats the daytime pangolin with good catch light in the eye to boot, people who spend their whole life in the bush may not even have such a sighting ever.
Old Oct 10th, 2008, 07:34 AM

Enjoyed the armchair trip - lots of great sightings and interesting places. The pangolin and meerkats are particularly cool. The accommodation photos were an eye-opener - not sure whether Planet Baobab or Little Vumbara was the strangest (I live a sheltered life).
Old Oct 10th, 2008, 09:20 AM

I was serious, Sherry, yes, I would LOVE to have that picture on my wall in the gallery! I'll email you...
Old Oct 14th, 2008, 04:47 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your kind comments.

Lynn,
EG (english guy) nearly knocked his wife out of the vehicle when Krazy Killa (new name, care of Leely) got close to the vehicle and looked up.

Killa, actually circled the vehicle a couple times which made EG run from side to side.
My thought was if Kay's relaxed, I will be, as well. Kay didn't flinch.

I'll never forget the wonderful electricity felt by staring into Killa's eyes.
On the other hand, I don't think he was particularly electrified by us - he most likely thought we were annoying twits with nothing better to do than watch him eat and poop.

Leely,
There's a very comfortable bed with your name on it at Selinda - no need to bring your own. The camp was almost frightening with the staggering amount of amenities it has after our fairly modest digs in Zimbabwe.

suzic,
Despite previously saying that I didn't care about bathtubs and such, the tub was greatly appreciated. The filtered hippo pond water was still brownish with small bits floating around but delightfully hot.
It did the trick of helping me sweat out my bronchitis.

chuck,
Yes, the wonderful Newman - love him.

kimburu,
Not following why you think L.Vumbura looks strange. Far from it IMHO. It's truly a magnificent place with beautiful accommodations, excellent guiding (Kay) and wildlife.

If interested there's more info. about it on my trip report.

Baobab on the other hand is different but in a cool way. As for their service/location etc. - another story, entirely.
Old Oct 29th, 2008, 04:41 AM
Original Poster

becks - e-me
Old Oct 29th, 2008, 05:49 AM

Hi Sherry,

You probably posted these while I was away - missed them until now.

I recognize the 2 male cheetah - the one guy with the scarish tear mark I recognize very well ..... he is quite shy and not photogenic. The other male cheetah is okay, but, everytime this guy moves away from the vehicles the other one follows along.

Hopefully, in a couple months time they will learn to relax. Btw, these are two of the biggest male cheetahs I have seen!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -