Nationwide Airline

May 13th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Original Poster

Nationwide Airline

Hello,

Has anyone flown this airline? If so how was your experience? We are booked on this for our intra-SA flights as it was significantly cheaper.

Also, I can't find them on the JNB web set. We will need to connect from Lufthansa to Nationwide for our flight to Cape Town. Does anyone know the departure terminal? We have roughly 2 hours to connect so hopefully it will be enough.

Thanks in advance,
Judy
May 13th, 2005, 09:10 AM

Hi

Their web address is flynationwide.co.za. We used them about a year ago when they started doing international flights from Gatwick and they were very good. They are well known within SA.

Can't answer your other queries but hope this helps

cheers
Rochat
May 13th, 2005, 10:05 AM

I have flown with them before, they are fine.

All the airlines that fly domestic routes have their check-in desks close together in a large open-plan hall in the domestic departures building. Exit passport control and baggage collect and just follow the overhead signs to domestic departures.

You have enough time.
May 13th, 2005, 10:28 AM

We flew Nationwide from Livingstone, Zambia to J'burg last July. Very smooth flight. Aircraft was spic and span clean, almost like it had just come off the production line.
May 13th, 2005, 11:26 AM

flew them in december livingstone to jnb.

the flight time changed a few days prior to the flight,(they consolidated two flights into one), meaning we had 3 hours less time than we had booked and ticketed.

it turned out the "new" flight was about 1 hour late, but that put it in between the two consolidated flights, so it was not a big deal.

the flight itself was fine and uneventful, although it took forever to get to a gate when we landed in jnb.

i think maybe they don't have their own gates, so we landed and then all got on the bus and i swear we were on that bus at least 30 minutes circling the gates!

we had plenty of time to spare, so i was not concerned, but there were nervous people on that bus with connections. also, even though we were only transitting jnb that day, we had to enter south africa officially to claim our checked bags, something we did not know about, or else we would not have checked them (they were small).

i remember it was pretty confusing when we got into the hall and were told that we had to go through immigration even though we were transit passengers.

Search this Thread