Marrakech riads - <125 euros a night for 2

Dec 19th, 2004, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

Marrakech riads - <125 euros a night for 2

We'd like to book a riad for 2 nights in Marrakech in late May. We will have just returned from a trek in the Atlas Mountains, where the conditions will have sometimes been primitive, so we'll be looking forward to comfort (including a very good shower). It's a honeymoon trip, so something special would be nice, but we also don't want to break the bank (we'll be travelling for 4 weeks). So, something in the range of 90-125 euros a night would be the right price. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
Dec 19th, 2004, 08:34 AM

It's been a long long long time since I was in Marrakesh and it was a group trip with boring hotel accommodation but I well remember the excitement of the medinas...

As this is somewhere I'd like to get back to I often surf the net and bookmark places mentioned in magazines.

I can't remember which ones are from magazines and which I just found surfing so can't vouch for these but I liked the look of:

La Maison Arabe is one that I always see good things about. Slightly over budget but might be discounts available on request. Gorgeous looking rooms.

www.riadkaiss.com (prices again slightly higher than your budget but I often write to places letting them know my budget and asking for any special rates and often get huge discounts)

www.moucharabieh-riadmarrakech.com

www.riadenija.com I am pretty sure I bookmarked this one from the Fodors site - I can't find prices on it though. And I have to allow popups to be able to see anything.
Dec 19th, 2004, 08:39 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. Some of our friends stayed at Riad Kaiss and liked it; we'll probably book this one if we can't get a recommendation for something less expensive.

I'd also like to hear from anyone who can recommend a reliable booking agency for riads. I found "Hotels & Ryads" - riadsmorocco.com; the website is very helpful, but I don't know anything about the booking service.
Dec 19th, 2004, 08:47 AM

Oops, hadn't finished.

www.riadmalika.com also from Fodors looks really nice too and prices seem very reasonable according to website.

Oh and www.riyadelcadi.com is one I got from a travel article I think. I remember it talking about the German ex-ambassador owner.

www.riyadnora.com don't remember where I got this so probably net surfing...

www.riaddarsbihi.com

www.riadlesbougainvilliers.com
Dec 19th, 2004, 08:51 AM

www.maisonorange.com

www.riadzinoun.com

I know these aren't as helpful as personal recommendations but it's fun for me to look through my bookmarks again and now I've just found a couple of new ones...

Dec 19th, 2004, 09:29 AM

Hi
We stayed at Riad Clementine in the Bab Doukkala area of the Medina in August this year and would heartily recommend it.

The Riad itself was beautifully decorated with lovely (if small) pool, sundeck, lounges and garden, comfy air conditioned rooms (only about 6 rooms/suites in total) ranging in price from about 80 to 110 euros if I remember correctly (though might depend on the season).

The place was run by a really friendly French lady who helped us with bookings, transfers to/from the station, restaurant recommendations etc. She also served great home-made breakfasts and lunches. It was also fairly easy to access by petit taxi, and was perhaps a 20 minute walk (through the souks) to the Place Jemaa el Fna.

We had a lovely romantic break there and I would definitely stay there again if I had the chance!

There's a website in French, www.riad-clementine.com, or you can look at the entry in English on this site:
http://www.terremaroc.com/bloc/riad/.../gb/index.html (this is the site that we used for booking - it puts you directly in contact with the Riad, and we had no problems with the system).
Dec 19th, 2004, 10:08 AM

Oooh Hanl that place also looks lovely and has great rates. Which room did you stay in? And do you know if any of the rooms have baths or is it showers in all of them?

Another one added to my list...

Dec 19th, 2004, 11:30 AM

Hanl
Did a search and just found your trip report which I missed at the time:
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...4&tid=34526046
Hope you don't mind me linking it here, for Kate's reference?
Dec 19th, 2004, 10:03 PM

Hi Kavey,
Forgot I'd written a report on our stay there! We stayed in room 3, which had a shower. Some friends of mine have also stayed at this Riad, in one of the larger rooms (room 5 or 6, I think), and I remember them saying that their room had a lovely large bath.

Search this Thread