Has anyone used go today dot com?

Sep 26th, 2003, 12:40 PM
Original Poster

Has anyone used go today dot com?

They have a special advertised that I am considering. However, no one is answering the phone line. Also, you can speak to them via IM, but they are so slow to respond that it is frustrating. I am thinking that the company may not be one from which I should purchase a trip.

Can anyone give me feedback on go-today.com?
Thanks
Sep 26th, 2003, 12:56 PM

I've never used them, but as a webchick, my advice is to be wary of an online company you can't get in contact with. There's too many bad ones just looking to make a quick buck.
On the other hand, they might just be a small company, so if it's a deal you don't want to pass up, dig a little deeper into their credentials before purchasing. Good luck!
Sep 26th, 2003, 01:08 PM

I just poked around their website, etc. They are registered with the Better Business Bureau, and it looks like they try to keep interaction to the minimal amount, which explains your frustration with getting a real person. Check the FAQ section for their explanation. It may not be a bad place to take a risk- they've been establised for a few years... Once again, good luck!
Sep 26th, 2003, 02:44 PM

Search go-today on this message board and you will find lots of feedback (most of it positive).
Sep 26th, 2003, 02:59 PM

I have not personally used them, HOWEVER, they are highly recommended by Frommer's Budget Travel.

Many fellow readers have used them and rave about the value.

They are primarily a web-based company, so keep costs down, but you CAN speak to them to book...it's just now how they typically operate. I believe that a small premium is paid to use their operators.

Do your research, but they are positively mentioned in Budget Travel in just about each issue. Their reputation is bare-bones service, good packages and great values.

Hope this helps.
Sep 26th, 2003, 03:17 PM

Go-today.com is an online reservation system only. You can't make res over the phone. They do have limited phone access, but it's mostly for emergencies only. The reason they provide such great deals is because they don't have to pay for office, reservation, CSR staff. They are very reputable and highly recommended by many travel magazines. What you have to realize that in order to save some money, you have to know exactly what you want and do the research before you book, because once you do, it's practicaly over. They will not hold your hand through the process. Find out about the hotels before commiting to any of them. They use regular scheduled airlines, so no need to worry about that.

If you know what you want, they will give you a deal that's hard to beat.

Good luck!
Sep 26th, 2003, 03:32 PM

We used Go-today in July for a trip to Venice. I have no complaints.

I chose one of the lower priced hotels and it was better than expected. Travel was by American and Lufthansa.

True, they are not going to help you personally. If you need personal attention, this is not for you, but if all you need are plane and hotel reservations this is definitely the place to go.

I will use them again.
Sep 26th, 2003, 04:11 PM

I have used the site but have not taken a trip.I did get a real person to answer questions to my satisfaction.Be aware that some trips listed use the Air India Line so if you have no objections to that then try it.. i was a little leary...
Sep 26th, 2003, 05:36 PM

APPLEPIE
We have used Go-Today 8 times...it has been a terrific experience!!
We've done high end accomodations in Rome...low end in London. (Paris, Prague...)
As far as the Hotels...you get what you pay for!!
YES, you can make phone reservations...$10 fee...I've done that 3 of the 8 times.
425-487-9632 Keep in mind they are located in Bothell Washington (outside Seattle) so maybe you were calling after/before their office hours!!
If you have any other questions...feel free to e-mail [email protected]

Sep 26th, 2003, 06:01 PM

I used them in March for a London trip. They were great, everything exactly as advertised. I couldn't get near their price doing it myself and would definitly use them again. On the other hand, for another trip I'm planning to Paris/Amsterdam, I don't like their hotel choices and I'm finding I can do almost as well putting the trip together myself. So check out the details first, but if it's what you want you don't have to worry about the company coming through with what they promise.