Search

Magic Palace Hotel, Eilat

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Magic Palace Hotel, Eilat

Was wondering about this hotel... We were planning the Orchid first, but prefer to stay closer to where the "action" is... Asking for reviews of the Magic Palace, has anyone stayed there?
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Original Poster

Back with an opinion already (my wife just came back)...

It's an OK hotel, nothing more.... If it got 5 stars, then those stars need to be re-evaluated...

By far, the best hotel in Eilat is still the Hilton Queen of Sheba.
Old Jun 16th, 2007, 12:02 AM
eri

From our many experiences in Eilat I can recommend these hotels: Royal Beach, Dan Eilat, Herods, Royal Garden (suites, no breakfast, gound level floors near the pool). I actually am not a great fan of Hilton Queen of Sheba. Had bad experience with them. Sorry, Mamamia.
But our by far favorite hotel in Eilat is Hotel Agamim. Ground florrooms on the water. It is not on the beach but the ground floor room have a deck from which you could jump into a canal and swim to the pool. It is built motel style and you park the car near the room which is very convenient. About 10 min easy walk to the Royal Beach beach. It is the same hotel chin (Isrotel) so you can utilize all the beach services.Here is Agamim's site:
http://www.isrotel.co.il/English/Con...age.asp?HID=13
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 03:23 PM

My second vote for Royal Beach as the best hotel in Eilat. I found you can use their beaches (er, swimming pools) even if you're staying at other Isrotel chains. (We usually stay self-catering/half board at Royal Garden, get the credit to use the meal vouchers at other Isrotel hotel restaurants.) Love the steak house and the chinese/oriental place on the promnade at Royal Beach. Salad bar/cafes in the shopping mall next to Royal Garden is quite nice. Isrotel chains have loyalty point schemes.

I'm neutral about Hilton QoS--rooms and services were more than adequate, though pool/beach not as good as Princess or Royal Beach. We thought the sushi restaurant upstairs was good but very pricey.

Magic Palace--it's along the beach promnade so the location is good, though I haven't stayed there so no comment. Looked a tad glitzy from outside for my taste. Close to supermarket (proper one), which is a plus.
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 04:11 PM
Original Poster

The Magic Palace needs some RENOVATIONS, apparently.

And also, need to take into consideration that in Israel star rating means NOTHING! It used to be rated by the ministry of tourism, but NOT ANY MORE (though they are planning to resume it again)... So a 5-star hotel might actually be rated as 3 star by customers...