clearwater beach area

Search

clearwater beach area

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2003, 08:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clearwater beach area

Has anyone visited the Clearwater area recently. I am looking for a clean budget hotel within walking distance to the beach for a July trip
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 08:08 AM

Stayed at the Hilton Clearwater Beach Hotel at the end of April. The beach is very large and made of soft white sand, and the gulf water is very calm, with not much in the way of waves or fish to see if snorkeling. It does look like a great spot to rent a wave runner though. The hotel location is good and you can walk to many small local tourist shops, pharmacy, restaurants are a few blocks away, as is the harbor with many tour boat excursions. The rooms are OK and I would rate the hotel to be a solid three out of five stars, and to be the best hotel that I have stayed at in Clearwater, mainly because of it's location on the beach, private pool and jacuzzi. I think this will be a good choice for a family hotel.

Old Jun 20th, 2003, 09:06 AM

Travelmann,
I live on Clearwater Beach and without being sure what your definition of 'budget' is, I can tell you that there are many options on Clearwater Beach at all different price levels.
The Hilton JohnD speaks of is a very nice hotel with a price range of $165 to well over $200 per night depending on room style and view.
This website might help you:

http://www.clearwaterbeachhotels.beachdirectory.com

It lists many resorts with many different price ranges. Keep in mind that most every resort on Clearwater Beach is within walking distance to the beach, it's a very narrow island!
Enjoy your stay!
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 12:10 PM

Two families that I know stayed at Days Inn right across from Clearwater Beach. They said location was great (music and activities at the pier every evening)and accomodations were "OK" - a 5-6 on a scale of 10. !0 being the "perfect" place to stay. How many of the "10" places have I NOT
stayed ? So I am at a loss to judge in that regard.
I stayed at the BestWestern further down the beach in Feb for $99 thru AAA--"on" the beach, pool,frig and microwave in the room.
Good Luck...((1))
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 01:10 PM

I also have stayed at the Ramada in Clearwater. It has a pool. There isn't a beach there, but occassionally dophins swim by. I was fortunate in that both my stays were discounted because of a meeting and did not pay more than $110 for Hilton or Ramada. Hilton is on the beach and very close to Harbor with tour boats, and other activities. Hilton was waaaaay better than Ramada.
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:26 AM

I stayed at the Clearwater Beach Best Western some years back (4-5yrs)and loved it! I didn't expect much for a budget hotel and was pleasantly surprised at how nice this hotel was. There are two Best Westerns at Clearwater, one on the Marina and one on the Beach.

We stayed at the one on the beach, I think it was the SeaStone. Perfect location, friendly staff, great ocean front patio restaurant & clean nicely decorated rooms. Very nice ocean front pool area, cabanas on the beach and a nicely landscaped area for watching sunsets. If it is still the same, I would highly recommend it.
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:21 AM
MelStrabbs

Clearwater happens to be one of our favorite vacation spots. 2 years ago we found this great little motel, Barefoot Bay Resort. I never thought I would stay in a motel since they aren't usually very nice but after looking at all their pictures on their website, we decided to try it. What a great little place! It was spotless (very important to me), close to the beach, and VERY cheap. I think their website is www.barefootbayresort.com We are planning on going back this September for our anniversary. Have a good time!!

Old Nov 18th, 2003, 06:29 AM

T