Leaving this Weekend - SA & Zambia!

Jul 22nd, 2005, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

Leaving this Weekend - SA & Zambia!

I'm leaving this weekend for South Africa and Zambia! I'm very excited, but quite sure that there must be something I've forgotten to pack! Ah well, with passport, tickets, money, and credit cards I'm sure I can do without whatever I may have forgotten.

Many thanks to all of you for helping with my preparations.
Jul 22nd, 2005, 01:08 PM

Dreaming,

Have a wonderful trip! Looking forward to your trip report as we are headed there in September.

C
Jul 22nd, 2005, 01:43 PM

Hope you have a wonderful trip..can't wait to hear all about it upon your return!
Happy Travels...
Brenda
Jul 22nd, 2005, 01:47 PM

Have a super time!!!
But just to be careful, I'd double check about the SAA strike & flights (not sure who you are flying from SA to Zambia, but if it is SAA, better check, because flights to Lusaka were among those cancelled today.)
www.mg.co.za seems to have pretty up-to-date news on this as it is a big story in SA!
Jul 22nd, 2005, 02:05 PM

Am so jealous - have a GREAT time and hurry back and let us know ALL about it!
Jul 22nd, 2005, 02:54 PM

dreaming,

Have a great trip! Tell Anke at Kafunta that Rocco says hello!

You will more than likely have hippos right outside your chalet each night at Kafunta River Lodge and I think you will really enjoy the adventurous drive between Kafunta River Lodge and Kafunta Island Bush Camp. My wife and I must have seen about two dozen giraffes, a few hundred pukus & impalas, and countless Baobab trees on the transfer between camps.

Late July should still be perfect to enjoy their natural hot spring jacuzzi at night, but warm enough in the day to enjoy their swimming pool.
Jul 22nd, 2005, 03:37 PM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone. I'm prepared with a notebook so that I can take notes for a trip report. I'm not sure about the quality of the report - I've never written one before. But, there will be a report on my return!

I am worried about the SAA flight to Lusaka - but I spend most of next week in Cape Town (Nationwide from JNB to CPT, whew!) and my fingers are crossed for a resolution prior to my flight.
Jul 23rd, 2005, 12:24 PM

dreaming, how are you flying to SA-- I hope not on SAA. Apparently all flights from the US to SA were cancelled today, and it doesn't look too good for tomorrow...I feel sorry for anyone in the middle of this mess!

Search this Thread