KIA Lodge - Warning

Old Mar 27th, 2007, 07:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KIA Lodge - Warning

Just received an email from Roy Safari:

I just wanted you to know of the followingbr /> KIA lodge: of recent, we have been getting many complaints about the lodge, service, food, unclean rooms, inflexibility.. management does not even seem bothered with this- and we are afraid of recommending a place where no one cares.

I know you are only booked there for a day use room.

But still wanted to offer you an option if you feel the above, if it does take place when you are there, may spoil your experience (as it is after safari & just before you return home!).

As an alternative:

Mt village, Serena: day room: will cost US$20 additional(total, not per person)and is a far better product.

OR

Mt meru Game lodge, day room: (www.intimate-places.com) no price change

This is just a heads up for the people that use this as a day room on return and/or first night stopover.

Harold
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 07:07 AM

I showed up there unannounced last Friday and spent the afternoon. I didn't use a room but I had lunch and hung around the bar. All the staff I met there were very accommodating and I thought the food was good and the grounds were immaculate. Maybe I was just lucky!
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 07:56 AM

We stayed there for two nights in February, and thought it was very nice. Clean, comfortable, service and food were fine, grounds are beautiful, lovely view of Mt. Kili (and Kili airport, too, but that's not important).
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 08:32 AM

Thanks dssxxx. Good to have all info out there.

I was at KIA on March 19 and everything was more than nice. Clean grounds and room, great service from Maasai porters etc., good lunch, tho service was slooooooooooow, and the front desk was quite accomodating. Also know of 2 other Fodorites there at the same time, perhaps they'll chime in.

Thanks for the heads up as alternatives are always important and good to have.
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 06:03 AM

i was there for a day room as well.. I thought the food was bad, but overall experience was nice